Should I Be Worried? "Code Red" for VOS May 21

sloshel

Several months ago we booked a 7 day cruise from Venice on VOS on a new itinerary to lesser-known ports (Ravenna, Bari, Koper, Dubrovnik) for May 21, 2011. Noticed recently that cabins were not selling, and we were able to take advantage of a great price drop. Now the RCCL website has shown the cruise as "Not Available" for about a week, though it still shows up in my reservations. When I called RCCL they told me the cruise had a "Code Red" tag. That didn't sound good. When I asked what that meant, I was told it meant it has been taken out of the system for "Inventory Maintenance." The rep said the ship may have been chartered. Has anyone had a similar experience, or any info? We already bought nonrefundable air tickets from California to Venice and are a bit worried. If the ship has been chartered, will we still be able to sail? Thanks!

this happened to us on our TA sail, it took about two weeks and then all was good again.

Oh and FYI, if you do the trip, don't bother getting off in Bari. :rolleyes: So not worth it. Its just a port for ferries going to and fro to Greece.

JMPO

T

We had the same thing happen on Navigator and I was freaking. Then all of a sudden it came back. We think it had something to do with the interporting that they are doing this summer....perhaps that is the same thing with your cruise?

BTW, we got the same BS lines from RCCL...inventory maintenance, charter, etc. They really have ZERO clue. We were even told it was fully sold out...not even close.

Hope you get it sorted. The same thing happened when we booked our 1st cruise. RCI moved us to a different date on the same itinerary, I was so relieved that they did this I did not even think to ask if there was a possibility of a room upgrade. They gave us OBC as well that covered our flights. The flights were within Europe, I imagine yours from the US would be more expensive, if this does turn out to be chartered, hope you get comped to the amount you paid out. Happy cruising...

Archived