Freedom Thanksgiving Cruise - mini-review

masonpips

We were on the Freedom Christmas cruise. We ate in Chops one night and the service was outstanding. We had 7 o'clock reservations which might have been the difference. We were at a table overlooking the ocean and there was a full moon that night.....one of our best experiences. We went on the RC snorkeling excursion aboard the catamaran Castaway Girl and had a really good time. It was my kids (17 and 13) favorite activity.

• 1 month later...

Hi dioxide45, can you tell me if you would recommend the St. John excursion even with the rough sea ride? I'm thinking of doing the same thing. We actually own a boat so none of us are prone to seasickness within normal limits. Was it too rough to recommend or was it okay enough that you would do it again?

Hi dioxide45, can you tell me if you would recommend the St. John excursion even with the rough sea ride? I'm thinking of doing the same thing. We actually own a boat so none of us are prone to seasickness within normal limits. Was it too rough to recommend or was it okay enough that you would do it again?

I would recommend it even with the rough water, we had a blast and the ride back was magnificent with the sun setting over the Caribbean Sea. They do have an area inside where you can sit and won't get wet. There is also an upper and lower seating section. We just opted for the front of the boat. This is likely the roughest area to stand/sit for the ride. If you have little ones, I would opt to sit inside instead of on the bow. Don't sit along the sides no matter what the water is like, that was a drench zone for us.

Thanks dioxide 45, I was hoping you would say that :) I've gone ahead and reserved the STG3. Trunk Bay is all I really want to do. I was there on my very first cruise in 2001 when we sailed the Disney Magic. They had only given us about 90mins at the beach, and I remember being disappointed with having to leave. We were having such a great time, and it was just picture perfect beautiful there. Can't wait to go back!

Archived