Pre-Booking Excursions On Line

I've booked a deep sea fishing excursion through RCI for my upcoming trip to Bermuda. The web site now says that this trip is "unavailable". I know I have a 50-50 shot, but does "unavailable" = sold out or canceled?

Until we "get out there" Empress of the Seas June 26, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;6;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Monarch of the Seas 1997

Nordic Empress 1999

Enchantment of the Seas 2000

Voyager of the Seas 2001

Nordic Empress 2002

Nordic Empress 2003

NCL Dawn 2003

Hi lightninglenny3,

The reason is that RCCL only lets you book online up until 10 days before a cruise. You are within the 10 day period, so it is now closed to online booking.

This below is from the RCCL website.

Please remember that you will have up to 10 days before your sail date to purchase your excursions online. If you are sailing in less than 10 days, you will need to purchase your shore excursions onboard or land excursions directly with your Tour Director on the land portion of the cruisetour instead.

12/06/04 countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;12;6;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

THE EMPRESS OF THE SEAS. VISIT OUR ROLL CALL HERE time98.gif

I'm Lenny's wife and this actually occurred prior to 10 days before departure. This was in early June and there were most excursions still available but the Deep Sea fishing trip said it was Sold Out. I don't even think your booking number will take you into the purchase page once you are within the 10 days.

A RCCL spokesperson told me they hold back 10% of the slots for each excursion for booking on the ship -- so you might try rushing to the excursion desk as soon as you board. But we also had a booked excursion cancelled for our upcoming NOS sailing because the vendor in Nassau apparently stopped offering the trip (helicopter tour).

Archived