Amount of Initial Deposit Required

gssmks

I have sailed on Disney several times, but have never sailed Royal Carribean. Just can't stop reading about Allure. Getting ready to book several rooms for a large group of our family. How much deposit for each person/room will I need to be prepared to pay when I book if I book on line straight through Royal Carribean?

I did a group reservation straight thru Royal Caribbean's Group's department. . Just call RC and ask for the Group's Department. You cannot book a group online you have to call. The deposit was $500 per cabin. So if you had a cabin of 4 it was still $500, 3 people still $500, or 2 still $500 lol. You also get GAP points depending on what sailing you are on and the points will get the group things like On Board Credit. You will also get a TC credit which is good for one free berth. You must book at least 8 cabins to be considered a group. I was able to book what cabins I wanted(all various cabins) and then they hold them for 30 days without a deposit. I put a deposit down after about 14 days of them holding them for me since I was able to get everyone's deposit money fairly quickly. I really enjoy going straight through Royal Caribbean. It is very easy and they are all very helpful in the Group's Department. :D

Also, as long as it isn't a triple (and you don't have enough for a group yet) - you can book double rooms as singles and only pay $250 to hold it and then when you can pay the other $250 you can add the other passenger. We did this for our upcoming Allure trip when we first booked so we could hold the cabins we knew we wanted - we have 4 cabins, 1 was a triple and 1 actually is a single but we had to pay for all 3 deposits in the triple but then just paid for the first person in each of the other cabins at $250 each. A month later we added the remaining passengers and deposits - this was we had the rooms we wanted and we weren't too worried about them hitting the max people count before we added the remaining people.

Archived