A Seasonal Card for HAL Animal Lovers

fann1sh

Couldn't watch it; unexpectedly, we had to put our lovely 14 year old tabby down today. Took her to the vet thinking it was a bad tooth, turned out to be major cancer. Broke our hearts, but we did the right thing. R.I.P. Muggins

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Oh, dear. There's nothing harder. I've stood in the same place. The only good thing about it is "doing the right thing", and being there for your trusting friend, to calm them and ease their way.

I'm so sorry.

You and Muggins will be in my thoughts and prayers.

That was just beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing it.

Merry early Christmas to you and yours!! :)

That was such a sweet card and very sweet of you to post. I'm also personally glad it said "Happy Holidays" so that all people were included, those of all faiths and even those of none.

Now, if we could just get the whole world to play nice as well....hmmmm....;)

Maxi (aka "Mindy")

That was such a sweet card and very sweet of you to post. I'm also personally glad it said "Happy Holidays" so that all people were included, those of all faiths and even those of none.

Now, if we could just get the whole world to play nice as well....hmmmm....;)

Maxi (aka "Mindy")

Thanks. That was very much in my mind when I posted. Even though I live in a small, agricultural community, I've accumulated a circle of friends and family with a surprising variety of faiths (including none). When asked her religion, one friend opens her blue eyes wide and states, "I worship trees." (I've given up explaining when she saunters off, leaving her questioner slack jawed).

But it seems most faiths have winter festivals: Christmas, Chanukah, Eid ul-Adha, Diwali, Kwanzaa, Yule, and so on. Those of no faith were usually raised with traditions for this time of year which hold pleasant memories. And while Santa Claus was originally the Christian St. Nicholas, Coca-Cola has made him a pretty ecumenical symbol of goodwill. So, while it's impossible to offend absolutely no one....hope I came close.

Except for cat haters. Cat haters can be as offended as they want. Why on earth would they click on a thread like this?!?

Thanks to all who've passed on personal greetings. Back at ya'.

Archived