Anyone tried Select Dining on Constellation?

ncdachsiemom

Has anyone tried select dining, and how did you like it compared to traditional dining?

I see that there have been no responses to your question. It is not clear to me why the Constellation would be different in this respect from other ships. Perhaps you could expand your question to show why you think that there may be a difference, then we can possibly help.

Yes, we did it last year on the Constellation and will do it again in January. We found it very convenient to dine when we felt like it; the staff and service was wonderful; and we never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a table for two.

Yes, we did it last year on the Constellation and will do it again in January. We found it very convenient to dine when we felt like it; the staff and service was wonderful; and we never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a table for two.

Thanks for your help!

We did it on the Transatlantic, and enjoyed it despite some doubts. We did, however, have regular tablemates (who we had met on Cruise Critic!) who we'd meet up with at whatever time we agreed upon. It was great. Waiting times were minimal, and even pleasant because the hostesses were delightful. Because we ate with people we got to know (although not always the same combination each evening), it had much the same feel as Traditional dining, but with time flexibility. The staff tended to seat us in the same general area from night to night (I don't know if this was intentional) so we often had the same waiters, and that makes it more fun too. I would do Select Dining again IF I had the opportunity to be part of a group.

We had done Anytime Dining on Princess, and hated it. Too chaotic, and we always seemed to end up having a long wait with that silly pager thing, and then dinner with strangers. Didn't work for us.

On Connie, anyway, Select Dining seemed to work well. This was in no small part because of the brilliant work of the managers (Marek and Vladimir) and the charm of the hostesses (Rozsita and Cecelia).

My wife and I did Select Dining on the Century recently and we loved it. We weren't so interested in dining with others and most evenings we had a table for 2 around the perimeter of the dining room (by request). I enjoyed it temendously because one of the many reasons were were on a cruise was to take a break from the clock. Not having to be in the MDR at a particular time allowed us more freedom to do as we saw fit and enhanced the entire cruise experience for us. I'll always opt for Select dining on future cruises.

"I enjoyed it temendously because one of the many reasons were were on a cruise was to take a break from the clock. Not having to be in the MDR at a particular time allowed us more freedom to do as we saw fit and enhanced the entire cruise experience for us."

Precicely why we always do this "anytime" option on what ever line we are on. Too many times in the past we missed either a beautiful sunset or sail away experience due to rushing to get to the MDR on time.

Archived