MTD Reserved at Different Times???

squirrel65

Hi I just booked my first solo and opted for the MTD and did the online resevation times. I set 6:45 on the 1st and last nights and 7:45 on the 2 middle days as that is the port days. Is it better to keep the same times each night ....ANY advice would be great!

Shirley

With MTD, is it required to make reservations, or can you just show up when you're hungry and ready to eat?

Reservations are not required. You can, if you wish, reserve specific times (not necessarily the same time each evening) or just show up. When we have just shown up we have never experienced more than a minimal wait and ofter we could even get the same serving staff that we had on previous evenings. No beepers and we have joined others or dined by ourselves according to our preference.:)

With MTD, is it required to make reservations, or can you just show up when you're hungry and ready to eat?

You can show up when you are hungry. However, when we boarded the Liberty, there was somebody from RCCL that was taking reservations for that first night. RCCL was encouraging you to make reservations and I think I seen that somewhere on their website as well.

We made reservations for some nights and then we walked up a few as well. We never had to wait any of the nights and we went between 7 - 8 pm and got a table for two.

Thought the service was fantastic overall and will be using this again when we sail on the Allure.

We never made reservations with MTD, and found that most nights we were able to just waltz in, while there was often a line for those WITH reservations.

Although we showed up at several different times, they tried to seat us in the same section every night. We requested to be seated in a different location after a couple of times, because in the original section the 2-tops were so close together that I was very uncomfortable squeezing in,:eek: even though I'm a only a few pounds from my Weight Watchers goal weight!

Thanks everyone for the info ...since this is my first solo and not sure about what kind of tablemates I will get put with...figure I better have a plan lol. I made my reservations through the RCI online planner...guess I can always change them if I need to

Shirley

Hi I just booked my first solo and opted for the MTD and did the online resevation times. I set 6:45 on the 1st and last nights and 7:45 on the 2 middle days as that is the port days. Is it better to keep the same times each night ....ANY advice would be great!

Shirley

If you would like the same waiter everynight, it would be helpful to have the same time. It assures you get the waiter you want.

Archived