Down Payment / Cruise Change ?

Noreen411

Hi

I have a question on changing cruises (within Royal Caribbean) after putting a deposit.

I made a depost on a cruise prior to the new rules for price drops.

If I change my sailing to a different ship / different date does the original booking date apply for price drops or will I move to the newer policy?

I'm trying to determine if it makes sense to leave the booking until I decide for sure what we're doing and what sailing to change it to. If changing ships/sailings cancels out the benefit of booking prior to the change date, is there any benefit for me to keep and change rather than just cancelling and re-booking when we decide on our final destination?

Let me know what you think

Thank you

Noreen

Hi

I have a question on changing cruises (within Royal Caribbean) after putting a deposit.

I made a depost on a cruise prior to the new rules for price drops.

If I change my sailing to a different ship / different date does the original booking date apply for price drops or will I move to the newer policy?

I'm trying to determine if it makes sense to leave the booking until I decide for sure what we're doing and what sailing to change it to. If changing ships/sailings cancels out the benefit of booking prior to the change date, is there any benefit for me to keep and change rather than just cancelling and re-booking when we decide on our final destination?

Let me know what you think

Thank you

Noreen

As long as you CHANGE your booking and don't cancel and rebook, then the original date and booking number will apply

Officially, if you change your ship and sail date, you have created a situation where the new policy should apply. Will it apply? Most likely not. Can they enforce it? Yes they can.

Why, you ask? Well, your booking was for ship X and date Y. You had certain agreements based on that. If you change to ship L and date Z, it is no longer the same booking - although the number will be the same, the agreement has changed substantially and RCI has the right to state that you are now subject to new policies.

Similarly, they have promotions that state if you book on these days you get this. If you change ship/sail date, you often lose those benefits, even if you keep the same booking number.

Archived