Captain's Discretion

wulicny

SeaDream Yacht Club says:

" Flexible Schedules and Itineraries - Although the SeaDream yachts depart their first port and arrive at their last port as scheduled, arrivals and departures at intermediate ports are not necessarily cast in stone. Captains have the authority to adjust for local opportunities such as making an unscheduled call at a small port to visit a local fish market or to remain longer in a secluded bay so guests can enjoy a few more hours of water sports."

I am curious. To those who have sailed the Caribbean recently, has the above occurred? Actually, I look forward to the less-than-structured experience, and I don't mind a few surprises.

Bill

We were on SD II Dec 5th on the Mayan Riviera cruise and weather forced the skipping of one stop and the changing a couple of days plans. No big deal as they found alternative anchorages that were fun too. We had a great time and I guess that the ports dont really matter much when you are getting so spoiled on board.

We left Nevis early so we could have a daylight sailing past Monserrat and see the plumes from the volcano. We also stayed at Great Harbor in Jost Van Dyke late so everyone could go to Foxy's. Departure times are announced each day, but you won't find a specific time listed in the itinerary.

BTW, we've just booked the RT Barbados in Jan 06!

Vandrefalk

We were on SD I for the 1/30/05 sailing and had no changes to the itinerary. However, we rarely left port at the posted time either due to weather (smoother sailing or at anchor for dinner) or due to people delayed from excursions.

Archived