drydock for the dawn

romandog

The Dawn's April 22, 2011 cruise actually ends on May 1. (It's a 9 night out of Miami) I'm booked on this cruise, so my info says I return on May 1. I think it then goes to dry dock until early June.

The first cruise after dry dock is May 27, 2011. It is sold out so it does not show on the NCL web site.

However, based on the 5/27 roll call, in appears that some additional work will be occurring during this cruise.

The Dawn NEEDS to be in dry dock. We just got back from the Dec 3rd sailing to the Southern Caribbean and it was horrible. The seas were slight and yet the ship was all over the place. The gift shop didn't have any dramamine so it was pretty interesting. It's a shame that the cruise line puts it's own profits before passenger comfort. Hopefully the rocking will be minimal for your cruises.

• 4 weeks later...
The Dawn is coming to Boston for her drydock in May and all of her sailings in May (to Bermuda) were cancelled for three weeks after she arrived here on the repositioning cruise. Hope this helps! :)

Do you know if the repo ends in Boston? Just wondering where DAWN will be drydocked.

We're sailing on her May 27. The first cruise after the dry dock. We were originally booked in early May but that was cancelled, as well as the next two. May 27 has been sold out for a couple months so it doesnt show up on the booking page.

Do you know if the repo ends in Boston? Just wondering where DAWN will be drydocked.

We're sailing on her May 27. The first cruise after the dry dock. We were originally booked in early May but that was cancelled, as well as the next two. May 27 has been sold out for a couple months so it doesnt show up on the booking page.

Turns out the Dawn is not coming to Boston for drydock after all. I just got off the Jewel sailing and found out that she's actually going to be doing her drydock in Freeport Bahamas instead. :(

Archived