Honolulu Festival

naisy

I just found out we will be staying in Waikiki post cruise during the Honolulu Festival in March. Just wondering if this is a good or bad thing? It looks like the parade and Fireworks show would be fun.......but will it be too crowded there? Will we have a place to park our rental car? Or should we look for another hotel outside of Waikiki? We are booked at the Waikiki Shore right now.....but thinking of moving to Turtle Bay.

Any suggestions?

Don't worry....this will not be a problem. Personally, I have never even heard of the Honolulu Festival. I am sure there will be some fun activities, but there is always something like this going on in Honolulu and Waikiki. There are many parades throughout the year and they are always colorful and fun. Honolulu is a great host for these types of events and they keep everything flowing smoothly. I doubt that parking will be a problem. You will be able to park at your hotel.

Have fun!

I just found out we will be staying in Waikiki post cruise during the Honolulu Festival in March. Just wondering if this is a good or bad thing? It looks like the parade and Fireworks show would be fun.......but will it be too crowded there? Will we have a place to park our rental car? Or should we look for another hotel outside of Waikiki? We are booked at the Waikiki Shore right now.....but thinking of moving to Turtle Bay.

Any suggestions?

There is nothing at Turtle Bay except the resort. If you would rather have things to do and see stay in Waikiki. You will park your rental car in the hotel paid parking and leave it there unless you are going around the island. You don't want a car in Waikiki or Honolulu (take the bus).

Thanks for the responses! The bus isn't really an option for us. My husband has some mobility issues and we will be traveling with our son, daughter-in-law, and 15 month grandson......so we think we need a car to get around. We will only be there for 3 days after cruising on the POA and want to spend a day or two seeing some of the sights.

I picked the Waikiki Shore to stay because it's a condo and thought traveling with a baby......it might be nice to have a kitchen, washer/dryer. We stayed there before a cruise a couple years ago and we had to park about a block away. I was concerned because after booking the condo over a year ahead of time....a 2 bedroom 2 bath was already unavailable. We got 2 one bedrooms instead. I thought the Festival might have had something to do with the availability. I just didn't know if it would be fun.....or a crowded mess.

I feel better now and am going to go with what we already have booked. Looks like there is an awesome fireworks show!

http://www.honolulufestival.com/index.php

Archived