Radiance - our first time.

Hello to All,

I haven't been on a cruise in a year and a half, so I am really looking forward to our upcoming 4-nighter on the Radiance. I haven't been around the boards in quite a while. Any notable changes w/RCI since the summer of 2009? Any Radiance specific must see/must do's? :)

Do find the Seaview Cafe (deck 12) early on...before everyone else discovers it! It's a lovely place with some outdoor seating...I LOVE eating outside!

And, the Champagne Bar is a great place for pre-dinner drinks....they have everything...not just champagne drinks....beer, cocktails, etc....nice! And, they usually have some hot munchies..good if you have late seating!

Hello to All' date='

I haven't been on a cruise in a year and a half, so I am really looking forward to our upcoming 4-nighter on the Radiance. I haven't been around the boards in quite a while. Any notable changes w/RCI since the summer of 2009? Any Radiance specific must see/must do's? :)[/quote']

Here is a thread that you might find interesting Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future If you start now, you may be finished by the time you board. :D

The previous poster mentioned SeaView Cafe. Do try it because when the ship goes into Dry Dock in May the SeaView is being removed and replaced by another dining venue.

Yes, the bars serve draft. Only bought one drink on our 12/11 5 night cruise with a coupon for 2 for 1 in our C&A book. Almost $5 for a glass a beer onboard is excessive. A pitcher of domestic for $6.99 like at Hooters or Wing House would motivate me to spend. I got my fix with $1 bottles of beer in Cozumel and Costa Maya. I drink more at home than I did on this ship.

I agree Seaview Cafe is a must. Had 2 lunches there. Great fish and chips and a tuna melt sub. Onion rings on the side were good also. Also, ordered eggs benedict in the MDR with no issue even though it is not on the menu.

More secrets once I reflected more. Use forward elevators whenever possible. The wait always seemed less than the atrium elevators.

Windjammer seating is a premium sometimes. Seating outside just left of the entrance was always easy to get. It was not breezy either when the temps are a little low for Florida blooded folks like myself.

Just ignore the push to sell fresh squeezed OJ at $4 a pop. The concentrated stuff isn't as good, but certainly drinkable.

Standing out on the top forward deck while going under the Sunshine Skyway bridge is a must. Hearing the traffic overhead and seeing how close the highest revolving antenna on the forward mast is incredible. I froze to see it, but it was well worth it

A couple more secrets. Enjoy the walk into the the downtown Cozumel area. No need to take a taxi. The sidewalks have been recently renovated and it was nice to walk along the shore. It will take about an hour, so you must be somewhat mobile.

Walk outside the gate of the controlled environment at the Costa Maya pier and take a taxi to town. The seaside town of Majahual has certainly been hit hard by past hurricanes as the trees are all gone, but is worth a visit. It has a pretty beach and is worth the $2 a person taxi ride. Vendors can be aggressive, but it is a pleasant change from the Disney like sterile environment of the pier area shops.

Archived