Cambria Suites - FLL/Dania Beach Question

Abe

Can anyone who has stayed at the Cambria Suites tell me if Refill - the 24 hour sundry store - has breakfast items available for sale such as milk, cereal, fruit, etc.?

Also, I know there is a restaurant in the hotel that has a breakfast buffet for a charge. Can you tell me if you can order ala carte items like toast or a bagel and coffee?

My wife and I are traveling with her 83 year old aunt who needs just a small bite in the morning and I was wondering what our options might be.

I saw on a map that there is a McDonald's a short distance away but I was wondering how accessible it might be given the freeway/busy highways that we might have to navigate around.

Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

We stayed here two nights last month. Since we were leaving each morning prior to the buffet being open for breakfast we bought muffins the evening before in the hotel and warmed them in the room microwave for breakfast. I would think that you could purchase anything ala carte though. Even though the menu is limited somewhat, the food was very good in the evening. I dont recall what items were available in the sundry store other than snack food. As I mentioned the restaurant had muffins in the evening and probably bagels available. The hotel sits back off of Stirling road and then it would be too far to walk to any restaurants in the vicinity in my opinion. Stirling road is very busy and it would also entail crossing the freeway.The hotel is great and the lobby area, eating area is very comfortable. Rooms are very nice also.

The hotel sits back off of Stirling road and then it would be too far to walk to any restaurants in the vicinity in my opinion. Stirling road is very busy and it would also entail crossing the freeway.

Just a clarification: Stirling Rd is very busy, but there is no "freeway" to cross. The "freeway" which is Interstate 95 (I-95) crosses over Stirling Rd as an overpass. The distance from Cambria to the McDonald's is probably too far for an 83-yr-old to walk, but not for middle-aged persons in decent physical condition in my opinion. If you do walk to the McDonald's or to the convenience store, cross Stirling Rd only at the pedestrian crosswalks at traffic light intersections.

Just a clarification: Stirling Rd is very busy, but there is no "freeway" to cross. The "freeway" which is Interstate 95 (I-95) crosses over Stirling Rd as an overpass. The distance from Cambria to the McDonald's is probably too far for an 83-yr-old to walk, but not for middle-aged persons in decent physical condition in my opinion. If you do walk to the McDonald's or to the convenience store, cross Stirling Rd only at the pedestrian crosswalks at traffic light intersections.

You are correct. You dont cross the freeway. I should have said you walk under the freeway or I-95. We got back to the hotel after dark each evening and I decided that it wasnt worth the walk or the traffic. One of the hotel staff told us that she didnt recommend walking so we didnt do it.

You are correct. You dont cross the freeway. I should have said you walk under the freeway or I-95. We got back to the hotel after dark each evening and I decided that it wasnt worth the walk or the traffic. One of the hotel staff told us that she didnt recommend walking so we didnt do it.

Yes, absolutely do not walk that route at night.

I would think that there wouldnt be a problem. As I recall they had 2 different sizes of shuttle vehicles. One very large one that would easily accomodate 13 people. The staff at the hotel is very nice and anxious to please. I would call the hotel and ask them.

We stayed there early in Dec. It is a lovely hotel. We did walk to Oakwood Plaza. We are 60 & 62. It isn't a bad walk at all if you are somewhat active. Maybe 1/2 to 3/4 mile. Stirling Road is 3 lanes each way with a mediu I wouldn't want to carry a lot of stuff back if walking. I agree, I wouldn't walk after dark.

We had a car but chose to eat breakfast 2 days and dinner 2 evenings, at the hotel. We felt the food was good and prices reasonable. I didn't notice breakfast items sold ala cart. That doesn't mean they aren't. Breakfast buffet was $8.50 I think. A thought, if you have small eaters, one of you go down and order the buffet, fill your plate with choices pick up some toast and bagles and bring it all up to your room. When we travel I always bring a small bag with paper plates, napkins, plastic forks, splenda and a few other things we may want if eating in our room. It doesn't take up much room and makes us more comfortable.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

JMS920 - Thank you for your response. I had read in other reviews that the food was good and reasonably priced so thanks for confirming that. We were originally booked at the Sleep Inn but after reading the great reviews of the Cambria Suites we changed reservations. I'm also glad to hear that you were pleased with the hotel itself.

I like your buffet idea. One plate of toast/bagels would be more than ample for our needs.

We can easily walk the 1/2 to 3/4 miles to Oakwood Plaza for last minute items but I appreciate everyone's warnings about not walking after dark.

Thanks again for your help.

JMS920 - Thank you for your response. I had read in other reviews that the food was good and reasonably priced so thanks for confirming that. We were originally booked at the Sleep Inn but after reading the great reviews of the Cambria Suites we changed reservations. I'm also glad to hear that you were pleased with the hotel itself.

I like your buffet idea. One plate of toast/bagels would be more than ample for our needs.

We can easily walk the 1/2 to 3/4 miles to Oakwood Plaza for last minute items but I appreciate everyone's warnings about not walking after dark.

It's not an easy walk from Cambria to Oakwood Plaza. Lots of traffic and cars coming from every direction getting on and off I-95.

Any possibility you could change to SpringHill Suites, Hyatt Place, Summerfield Suites, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn or Comfort Inn? They are all located on the east side of I-95 and Stirling Road and much easier to get to all the restaurants and the mall.

It's not an easy walk from Cambria to Oakwood Plaza. Lots of traffic and cars coming from every direction getting on and off I-95.

Yes, some times of day (like rush hour) it would be more difficult as it is a heavily traveled road. We did it at 10 am. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. Most adults can cross 3 lanes of traffic that is all going one way to stop at the center and wait for the traffic to clear to finish crossing. The same with crossing the I95 ramps. We've done it, and had no problem. Yes, it is necessary to be careful, just like any other road. But it isn't something difficult for an able bodied, alert adult. We found it easy, you may not. Just my experience.

You're very welcome!

We booked a room last year at Sleep Inn for the day we returned from our cruise. Several of us had late flights and wanted someplace to just hang out. It was just ok. Could have been a little cleaner and updated, but adequate for what we needed then. I wouldn't have wanted to stay longer. We were much happier at Cambria for our pre cruise this year. The rooms are so clean and nice. The hotel itself is so comfortable and the pool and jacuzzi were clean and warm. We are planning on staying there again next Dec.

One word of caution, if you book the shuttle to the port, make sure you ask to see the time they write you in for. This was our only issue. I requested 10 am and I even confirmed the time later that day. We went downstairs ready to leave and were told by the driver we weren't on the list. The girl wrote us for 11 am. This was a minor thing but 6 of us had to wait around for an hour. They were very apologetic and called us to the shuttle first. Just next time at any hotel, I will ask to see the time we are written in for.

Enjoy the Cambria!

Archived