Questions for RCCL - Radiance of the Seas Cruise

Maraki

1. Does the cabins have Hair Dryers or can you request them if they don't? I cannot remember when I was on the RCCL - EOS.

2. Does the Radiance of the Seas have mobile satellite service onboard? If so, what is the cost for the service and rate per minute? We have AT&T and Verizon, so how do we go about setting it up on our phones prior or onboard to call my elderly mother home alone and each other onboard the ship?

3. Can you smoke in the cabin? My husband is a smoker :( I wanted to make sure they have good filteration in the cabin, so I can breathe.

4. Where are the areas on the ship that are designated for smokers?

5. Does the bathrooms have bath gel or only soap? Do they have shampoo and conditioner?

6. When they refurbished the Radiance of the Seas did they upgrade their TV's to LCD Flat Screens?

7. Does the TV's have AUX inputs and a DVD Player?

8. What floor and location does the Radiance ship embark or disembark from? Our cabins our Deck 3, Front Starboard 3508, 3510, and 3512.

9. What is the dress code for teenagers and children at dinners? Are Khaki's and a golf shirt acceptable for non-formal nights for teenager young men and my husband?

10. What does the women typically where on non-formal nights?

11. Do the children have a show with their Adventures Club friends on the last night as they do with the 7 day cruises?

12. Does the Radiance of the Seas have a Serenity or Adults only area to bathe topless?

Does the adult dance clubs allow 18 and 17 year olds?

Maria

1. Does the cabins have Hair Dryers or can you request them if they don't? I cannot remember when I was on the RCCL - EOS.
Yes, hairdryers are provided. It should be in one of the drawers in the vanity. If not check, the cabinet above the TV.

2. Does the Radiance of the Seas have mobile satellite service onboard? If so, what is the cost for the service and rate per minute? We have AT&T and Verizon, so how do we go about setting it up on our phones prior or onboard to call my elderly mother home alone and each other onboard the ship?
Do you mean does the ship have a cell phone tower? Yes it does. You need to contact your cellphone service provider to find out what they will charge you to use it - and to make sure your phone is set up to use it. The charges usually start at $2.49 per minute.

3. Can you smoke in the cabin? My husband is a smoker :( I wanted to make sure they have good filteration in the cabin, so I can breathe.

4. Where are the areas on the ship that are designated for smokers?

No smoking in any cabin on RCCL. You can smoke on balconies and a few designated bars inside the ship. On the outdoor decks, one side of the ship is designated smoking, usually it is the starboard side but you need to check the signs.

5. Does the bathrooms have bath gel or only soap? Do they have shampoo and conditioner?
They will provide a bar of soap and in the shower will be a dispenser with a shampoo of indiscriminate origin. Many people will use the shampoo as bath gel.

6. When they refurbished the Radiance of the Seas did they upgrade their TV's to LCD Flat Screens?

7. Does the TV's have AUX inputs and a DVD Player?

The TVs are the old box tvs. Even if the tv does have aux inputs, they are usually disabled. Some people have been able to access them bringing a universal remote and by looking up the code for the particular model on the internet. DVD players are only provided in full suites.

8. What floor and location does the Radiance ship embark or disembark from? Our cabins our Deck 3, Front Starboard 3508, 3510, and 3512.
It depends on the port and the tide. Usually at the beginning and end of the cruise, you will embark/disembark from deck 5 on the promenade, entering through the Centrum. In the ports of call, it's usually deck 2 in the centrum, but this can vary. In various ports, I've boarded deck 2 in the centrum, deck 2 forward, also deck 4 in the centrum, and deck 3 forward (some ports it's even changed during the day due to the rise and fall of the tide). They will either list the location in that days Compass (daily planner) or make an announcement once the ship is cleared in port.

9. What is the dress code for teenagers and children at dinners? Are Khaki's and a golf shirt acceptable for non-formal nights for teenager young men and my husband?
The dress code is the same as everybody. Khaki's and a golf shirt a perfect attire for casual nights.

10. What does the women typically where on non-formal nights?
pants, capris, tank tops, sundresses, etc

11. Do the children have a show with their Adventures Club friends on the last night as they do with the 7 day cruises?
Sorry can't answer that.

12. Does the Radiance of the Seas have a Serenity or Adults only area to bathe topless?
No areas for topless sunbathing on RCCL ships. There is an adults only pool area - the Solarium - but they do not allow topless sunbathing.

Does the adult dance clubs allow 18 and 17 year olds?

The night club is 18 and up only after a certain time at night - time will be listed in the Compass.

Thank you so much wrp96!

A few more questions... Do you know if on the formal night if it is acceptable for my son (18) and friend (17) can wear dress slacks, dress shoes, and a shirt and tie only? Neither have a suit or jacket.

Can my husband wear a suit color other than black?

Can I wear dress work slacks, and a dressy top, with black strap heeled sandles?

Maria

Archived