Transportation from Greenock to Glasgow

Pia1913

There's a regular commuter train service (three trains every hour, taking about 35-45 minutes) but the station is about a 10-15 minute walk from the port. Roundtrip ticket to Glasgow is £6.40 (about $10).

Perfect! We are four, and Princess wants $59/PP just for transportation. This will work well.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=greenock&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=14.985334,37.177734&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Greenock,+Inverclyde,+United+Kingdom&ll=55.951146,-4.754076&spn=0.012711,0.036306&t=h&z=15

shows Greenock.

Most ships stop where it says 'Waterfront complex', but some stop near the top of the map (where you can see a cargo ship). The railway station is at the bottom indicated by the red double arrow symbol.

Simon

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=greenock&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=14.985334,37.177734&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Greenock,+Inverclyde,+United+Kingdom&ll=55.951146,-4.754076&spn=0.012711,0.036306&t=h&z=15

shows Greenock.

Most ships stop where it says 'Waterfront complex', but some stop near the top of the map (where you can see a cargo ship). The railway station is at the bottom indicated by the red double arrow symbol.

Simon

Thank you Simon. I was able to print the map itself, but it only shows two railways; Greenock Central and Whinhill. Am I to assume we would be closer to Greenock?

Whinhill is not the one. Two stations are shown on the map near the docks (Greenock West and Greenock Central). They are on the same line that goes to Glasgow Central...you can use either of them.

Simon

Thank you again. When you print it only Greenock Central shows. It looks as if we dock somewhere near the Holiday Inn Express which could be somewhat of a hike to the RR. In any event, we are all walkers so no worries.

• 2 years later...
How easy is it to get from the port in Greenock into Glasgow? Princess shorex site says it's 45 minutes, but do I really need to pay their exorbitant prices to get there?

Thanks for any info.

Saw this and it seems the newest on the boards !! Any feedback as far as ease and directions I should know about -- we too are walkers and want to get into town for the Edinburgh free walk 10AM

hope to hear from someone who has done it

thanks

atravels2@ yahoo dot com l

left spaces so the hackers dont grab it !!!!!

Saw this and it seems the newest on the boards !! Any feedback as far as ease and directions I should know about -- we too are walkers and want to get into town for the Edinburgh free walk 10AM

thanks

Would love to be able to help you, but my post is more than 2 1/2 years old and I honestly don't recall what we did there.

thanks

Have you searched this board for greenock? there's been discussons recently... also try the greenock forum on tripadvisor?

Archived