Cove or no?

seattlejoe

We originally booked a balcony on deck 6 and immediately changed to a cove balcony after we saw pictures of the deck 6 balcony. It overlooks a promenade deck that goes around the ship. We did not want to sit on our balcony and watch people walking by or in a nearby hot tub. I'm so glad we changed to a cove balcony. We much prefer sitting on our balcony and watching the water.

In May we spent three weeks on the Carnival Dream. During the week of May 1 we were on Deck 6 in balcony cabin 6449. For the weeks of May 8 and May 15 we were in cove cabin #2256. We absolutely loved, loved, loved being in the cove balcony. The cove balcony was actually larger than the deck 6 balcony. Being so close to the water was awesome. We will be booking the Magic in January 2012 and will definitely book one of the coves. We are hooked on coves. In a couple of weeks we will be doing a back- to- back on the Conquest and I'm disappointed they don't have coves. In the future on a Dream Class ship, we will not consider anything but a cove!

Happy Sailing!

In May we spent three weeks on the Carnival Dream. During the week of May 1 we were on Deck 6 in balcony cabin 6449. For the weeks of May 8 and May 15 we were in cove cabin #2256. We absolutely loved, loved, loved being in the cove balcony. The cove balcony was actually larger than the deck 6 balcony. Being so close to the water was awesome. We will be booking the Magic in January 2012 and will definitely book one of the coves. We are hooked on coves. In a couple of weeks we will be doing a back- to- back on the Conquest and I'm disappointed they don't have coves. In the future on a Dream Class ship, we will not consider anything but a cove!

Happy Sailing!

Thank you so much for that. That is exactly what I was looking for, someone who was on deck six and a cove. I think we will be booking a cove now because of that! And its even a bit cheaper too!! Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for that. That is exactly what I was looking for, someone who was on deck six and a cove. I think we will be booking a cove now because of that! And its even a bit cheaper too!! Thank you so much!

You won't regret the cove balcony-it was the highlight of our cruise on The Dream.

I was also between the cove and the regular balcony, and we ended up with a regular balcony on deck 8. I was worried about the promenade, but for us, it was better to be nearer to the Lido deck and the action. I'm going to be recovering from knee surgery, and we wanted to be somewhere that wouldn't be far from much. I know an elevator is still an elevator ride, but I could feasibly climb 2 flights to the Lido if the elevators were being slow, whereas walking 8 flights would be impossible. Maybe next cruise we'll get a cove.

For us, the Cove is the only way to go and wouldn't consider a regular balcony. The view can't be beat and they are more private. I think quieter, too.

Obviously they aren't for everyone.

You can get sun, depending on where your cove and the sun are in relation to each other, but in general, are better protected from the elements - sun, wind, rain, etc, in a cove.

We had cove on Dream, 2222 I think? and it was wonderful being close to water, view was great. Spent a lot of time on the balcony. Impressive at night at full speed hitting the waves, we were only the second or third one starboard. Got an upgrade in airport from IS.

COVE, hands down! Been in balconies galore on my other cruises and I have to say if I'm sailing on a ship that has Cove's, that is the only thing I will be booking after having one on the Dream. The experience was that WONDERFUL! And the extra roominess of the balcony was awesome. :D I'm so sad that next time I'm sailing on the Triumph in a non-cove cabin....sniff, sniff.

We got sun on our deck quite often. Mostly when we were at sea. Not as much as on a regular balcony, but that was just fine with us. Made it more enjoyable sitting out there. Not having the sun beat down on us 24/7. We were mid-ship cabin 2288. Very quiet cabin.

Archived