RCCL's new site format?

I have noticed severe latency times when I use my works 100 MB Cogent connection to www.rccl.com. When I connect with Comcast, my access times are much faster.

My opinion on the overall design is like most of you here. It SUCKS and it is more cumbersome to use. Let's go back to the old design for now until RCCL can redesign their website.....

What I don't like is that you can't go in and look at excursions before you book a cruise. You used to be able to do that, . . .

Maybe I am looking at a different website. On the RCI website I use, you can still look at excursions, if I recall correctly, in precisely the same way as on the old site. You go to the itinerary, click on the port, and you will get a screeen that has a brief overview of the port and a link to the excursions for that port. Based on my planning for a cruise last fall, I am pretty sure this has not changed at all.

Many of the complaints I see here, speed, too many clicks, etc. I don't see. In fact, once you get past the initial layer, into things like on board experience, port information, etc. The screens look exactly the same -- I don't think they have changed at all. I admit I have not tried to book a cruise, but I have done a couple of dummy attempts and it just doen't seem that bad. Other than the annoyance of the attempt to helpfully try to let you know how much an upgrade would cost, and the mismatched pictures, I am fine with it. I just don't see the slowness or clunkiness in the website I am using.

I have been on it for the last couple of days looking to book another cruise in 2011, and gave up and just called RCCL. I still hate it. Way to slow bumps you off. It has some nice features, if only you could get them to load faster. We have the highest speed internet available to us, and I feel like we are back in the day on dial up! I also notice you have to wait longer to get a Crown and Anchor customer service rep on the line to speak to, maybe because everyone is tired of trying to maneuver their site. :confused:

Archived