Hiking up Mount Moriah on your own

susietb

Has anyone down this hike independently???

Where is it? Are you sure its on Roatan? The only Mount Moriah i ever heard of was in Jerusalem There is no elevation on Roatan that even comes close to being a mountain, is this a hike offered by one of the ships?

Eric,

I think this is one of the hiking trails out of Gumbalinda Park where you come out on the West Bay, or maybe the Carambola Gardens trails above Sandy Bay. And yes susie, you can do it on your own. You'll need to take a taxi there. Bring lots of water and bug spray. Stop at the info booth or either place and get a trail map or guide. Benefits of doing it on your own? Being able to go at your own pace and not having to wait on others or trying to keep up with others. Savings versus the ship excursion? Probably a little after taxi and park fees. Downside...getting lost, having to call or arrange a cab ride back to the ship.

I'm doing a hike up Mount Mariah through the Crown on our trip mid January. I've hiked quite often, but am directionally challenged and have always gone with someone else that know the routes. :p The Crown excersion includes a guide that fills you in on the flora and fauna in the area. I'm really looking forward to it.

• 2 months later...
I'm doing a hike up Mount Mariah through the Crown on our trip mid January. I've hiked quite often, but am directionally challenged and have always gone with someone else that know the routes. :p The Crown excersion includes a guide that fills you in on the flora and fauna in the area. I'm really looking forward to it.

Did you end up enjoying your hike? I am thinking of booking it...I m on the crown April 16th

Archived