Norwegian Jewel Question

marcruiser

Can anyone tell me anything positive or negative about interior cabin 9085 on the Norwegian Jewel. Can the beds be put together to make a queen? If so is there room to move on the outside or are you better off with the 2 beds separate with the 2 nightstands between? Can you fit your luggage under the bed...or is there room in the closet. Please describe the bathroom; is the shower tiny?

Also a comment on the general location.

Thank you for your quick responses.

We did not stay in that cabin but have stayed in an inside on Deck 9 on the Pearl (a sister ship). Also, checking NCL's website gives some info. First, you will be able to have the beds together or separate. DH & I always have the beds apart because there's more walking-around space. If they're together, you'll only have a very narrow aisle on the sides, plus one side will have the upper bunk, which, even when folded up, still sticks out a few inches into that aisle (making it even narrower).

Your suitcases will fit under the bed unless they're huge pieces. The bathroom is small, but the shower is adequate. The toilet location, however, is tricky for someone with long legs! This is definitely a "one person at a time" bathroom.

Your location could be an issue because you're right next to a crew area. Your are mid-ships (good), but try to get a cabin with other cabins on either side, not an open space (which is probably a crew stairwell- very noisy at times).

Yes one side does have the upper bunk. Folded up it still sticks out and I've hit my head a few times on that when the beds are together. Take the other side - LOL. There is only a few inches on each side when you put the beds together and the luggage should fit under the bed. The closet is fine for how much you will need on the ship. I'm assuming you won't be bring 8 suitcases of clothes (or the 1 suitcase of just shoes that I sometimes bring much to my DH's chagrin) so the closet will be adequate for you. Since it's a small room you just need to take care to keep it organized and clutter free or it will seem very small. Now the biggest question is if this is your budget then this is what it is and how much time are you going to spend in your room? I personally don't mind an interior as I like to sleep when it's very dark.

We had inside cabin 9630 on the Jewel (dead center of the ship), and that one didn't have a bunk. We had the beds pushed together and there was just enough room on each side, so we liked it. The cabin was tiny, for sure-- but arranged logically and sensibly, and we really didn't mind at all!

The bathroom was small but also just fine, and I really liked the shower. Bigger folks might have a problem fitting into it, though!

I found the lighting at the vanity/desk to be just awful for putting on make-up, but I managed, although the bathroom wasn't much better.

And speaking of lighting: bring a nightlight! It's mighty dark in there in the middle of the night! :)

We were just in cabin 9057 on the Jewel, so I imagine it's a room very similar to this one. Overall we were very pleased with the room. We had the beds together, but that didn't leave much room, particularly on the one side by the desk area. Plenty of room under the bed as others have said, and also tons of room in the closet area. Not only was there lots of space to hang items, also 4 open shelves, and 3 drawers, which was more than enough room for clothes for 2.

I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the bathroom. No issues with the size of the shower, and I typically hate stall-type showers.

In regards to location, we were also next to a crew area, and I can say that was the biggest issue with our room. Starting at about 4 or 5 in the morning we'd start to hear banging noises coming from in there - doors closing, items being banged around, etc. If you're a heavy sleeper it may not bother you, but it ususally woke us up at least once a night.

Any other questions at all, let me know!

Archived