Asking again

travel12

So I went to the ports/ excursion board and didn't get any responses either.... Here goes again... Which Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman did you like the best and why... mainly interested in Tiki and SeaGrape

We have only been to Sea Grape Beach, and LOVED it. It's a bit farter down on 7 mile, so more quiet. There's a bar/grill there named (I think) Calico Jack's. Decent food & drink. Kind of pricey, but everything in GC is. The Cayman Lemonade is yummy & provided quite a buzzzzz. You can rent chairs/umbrellas there, and there are also water sports such as waverunners, etc. I want to go back. Right now!

We just got back from the Legend Dec. 26. A great cruise but my families least favorite part . . . 7 mile beach. We went to the an area called Calico Jack's. It was very crowded and I was surprised the sand was very deep and the water very rough. It would knock you down trying to get out. I have read online that the Royal Palms is pretty nice. We jumped in a bus taxi thinking we could be dropped off at Royal Palm but they actually dropped us off at Calico Jacks.

Be careful of the bus taxi's. They make you wait until the bus is full before they will leave. We were the last one's on the bus when leaving the beach, and the bus was full of angry people. They were screaming to give them their money back. They waited 45 minutes for the bus to be full. On the way to the beach, we waited about 20-25 minutes. If you can catch a car/mini van taxi, you will save yourself some valuable time.

Hope your family has a wonderful trip. If you are taking a Western cruise and have any questions, please let me know . . . I will try to answer.

We just got back from the Legend Dec. 26. A great cruise but my families least favorite part . . . 7 mile beach. We went to the an area called Calico Jack's. It was very crowded and I was surprised the sand was very deep and the water very rough. It would knock you down trying to get out. I have read online that the Royal Palms is pretty nice. We jumped in a bus taxi thinking we could be dropped off at Royal Palm but they actually dropped us off at Calico Jacks.

Be careful of the bus taxi's. They make you wait until the bus is full before they will leave. We were the last one's on the bus when leaving the beach, and the bus was full of angry people. They were screaming to give them their money back. They waited 45 minutes for the bus to be full. On the way to the beach, we waited about 20-25 minutes. If you can catch a car/mini van taxi, you will save yourself some valuable time.

Hope your family has a wonderful trip. If you are taking a Western cruise and have any questions, please let me know . . . I will try to answer.

LOL... sounds like your experience was quite different form ours! But a good point to bring up... if there are quite a few ships in port that same day, it could certainly be crowded. Guess we got lucky. However, we thought the sand & water were amazing at Sea Grape. And you are right about the bus... do not get on a bus to travel to & from the port. They will wait until it fills up.

We actually loved the beach at Calico Jacks. It can get crowded when there are a lot of ships in port, but the water is wonderful and since GC is so expensive it is nice to chose what you want instead of paying an all-inclusive day pass kind of set up.

There are a ton of picnic tables and an awning outside the bar. You don't need to rent an umbrella to get out of the sun. There were 12,000 passengers in port when we were there last week, and many of them wound up with us at Calico Jacks. It was fun anyway. We didn't bother with chairs because the picnic tables were fine. We rented a locker for $2 for wallets and all.

Archived