Help me make a decision

Kaye745

My family is currently booked on the Celebrity Eclipse Caribbean sailing next Nov 19th going to San Juan, St. Martaan and St. Kitts. My husband and I booked onboard the Century when he and I sailed this past Novemeber for his b-day. My daughter and I will be sailing on the Navigator this Feb, and I am now considering canceling my Celebrity Reservation and booking the 9 Day November Caribbean sailing out of Balitmore, but I'm torn. Some of the big reasons I'm thinking about changing is 1) We live in VA and can drive to Baltimore, 2)9 days instead of 7 (more days at sea always good!!!) 3)My kids are 11 and 15 and I think RCI may have more kid activities than we saw on Celebrity 4) Price of the 9 day cruise is significantly less than our currently booked 7 day. We booked the Eclipse because DH and I LOVED the century, had an awsome room (with butler!) and liked being able to purchase a drink package so any alcohol was pre-paid. Also liked that Celebrity was a bit more formal than we had experienced on RCI. We also wanted to take the kids to St. Kitts (which the Baltimore sailing does not go to). So I'm asking a bunch of total strangers their opinion!!! :-) Thanks in advance.

Kaye

Sailing out of Baltimore will be cold in November. That would be a factor I'd consider.

BUT not having to fly to the port is a plus .... cost of flight vs cost of parking/gas.

It would be a tough decision......might come down to cost. If you say the sailing out of Baltimore is cheaper, that just might be the deciding factor.

This is a tough call - In my opinion (and as you noted I am a total stranger)

If money is the main factor go with Baltimore.

Otherwise based on what you said I would stay with Celebrity becuase it seems like both the ship and itinerary are more to your liking:

- The EOS out of Baltimore is not going to be nearly as formal as the Celebrity ship (this is something you and DH enjoy)

- I love the EOS and staff but you are not going to get what I understand is butler level service on the ship

- RCCL does not offer the all inclusive drink packages. IMHO that is part of what RCI uses to differentiate the two lines

- You want to see St Kitts. I think seeing places you want to see out-weighs the two extra days at sea (and it will be cool in November going up/down the bay/coast)

I have a 15 Yo DD - her experience is based more upon the other kids her age and less so the actual organized program. We sailed in the summer with tons of other teens on-board who made her experience. As far as the 11 YO experience this is a tough call - AO has a lot of fun activites iof he enjoyes that type of thing. I can see EOS having more kids on-board you sons ages that will make the trip more fun for them.

Archived