# of people in suites

stanjj111

How many people can a family suite or suite with balcony hold on the ruby princess? Do the 3rd and 4th people (adults) pay full fare or reduced fares?

From what I can find, an OS or VS suite will sleep four passengers, but only those two in the regular suite category.

The family suite will sleep 8 passengers, but the first four pay the full suite rate, with a small discount to the 5-6-7-8 passengers.

Keep in mind though, the family suites are not designed as other full suites. They are a mini suite and inside stateroom combined with a common (larger) sitting area with sofa beds. The mini suite portion sleeps two only, the inside cabin section sleeps 4 and the sofa beds sleep another two. It does not offer a wetbar. The family suite does include a regular mini suite bathroom (no jacuzzi style tub but just a regular shower/tub combination). And the regular inside stateroom bathroom with shower only. The one problem with these family suites is they are located at the very forward area of the ship, and the balcony can get so windy when underway, that is it about useless.

The family suites will hold up to 8 people

The suites will hold up to 4

On the Princess web page you can look at the deck plans which has a key to how many can stay in each stateroom

The Link: http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/ru/deck_plans/index.html

You can also do a booking without pay to see what the cost of the other passengers would be without paying under Book Online

A TA can give a better price than booking straight with Princess

I just did some checking before I booked a suite for next winter including our grown son. His fare was just more than half of ours. And I also checked a fourth person (he may want to bring a friend) and that fare was pretty close to his. ON the cruises I've booked I've found that the suites are about double what a mini-suite is so if he brings a friend, I think putting them in a mini would be better - gives them their own bathroom. And he gets up late so he probably wouldn't make it to breakfast in time. The perks wouldn't mean that much to him.

I agree with that. We used to get full suites a lot for us and our 2 sons, but have found that we're more comfortable having 2 balcony cabins or 2 mini-suites since there are 2 bathrooms.

OP -Just be aware that the quad capacity full suites are few and far between. They tend to book up very early too. The Cat. VSs usually are sold as quads even though there is bedding for 5 in them. There are a few other quad suites, but not many. If that's what you want, book early.

Also, if you're traveling at a busy time (like Spring Break, Christmas, etc), Princess puts capacity controls on some sailings so even if your suite has room for 4, they may limit how many occupants can be in the cabin.

Archived