Family of four Cabin choices Freedom of the Seas

jbitzer

We are a family of four - two adults and two teenagers (one girl/boy). Looking into cabin choices for Freedom of the Seas for August 2011 sailings.

How does the sleeping arrangements work for this size and aged family? We do not want one on the floor one on the sofa bed, etc..

We are looking at the following types of staterooms: balcony, junior suite or a possible two room combo.

We have previously sailed on Disney Magic and Carnival Dream. Both of our previous cabins had a ceiling pull out bed as well as a sofa bed and the two twins put together.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. We can can do any of the sailings on either itinerary up to the 21st.

Thanks for all your help.

My husband and I travelled with our two teenage daughters in a D1 balcony cabin, but this only worked for us because we had two girls together and they were able to share the sofabed.

With your son and daughter the best option might be two connecting balcony cabins (this is what we are planning if we take another cruise), so that they would each have their own bed in the second cabin. Another option could be to have a balcony cabin for the two of you, and then have an interior cabin across the hall for the two teenagers. It would also give you the advantage of double the closet space and two bathrooms...

We do a two room combo, a balcony for us and an inside (or promenade) across the hall for the kids. This way everyone gets a "real" bed (no pullman or sofabed) and we get two bathrooms. RCI allows you to book your children into their own room as long as it is next to, or across the hall from, your cabin. So, don't let anyone tell you that you need to book an adult into each room (that's other cruiseline's rules). Since we cruise during the summer when there isn't a big discount for the 3rd/4th person in a room, the price of an interior for the kids is approx the same as the 3rd/4th rate for the balcony (In some instances, it was even less to have an E category balcony and an N inside versus squeezing us all into a D1 quad)

We have a family of 5 and I just booked the family promenade room in FOS for March 2011. 300 sq ft and over looks promenade. Has queen bed, bunk bed, and sofa bed. It was cheaper than booking 2 connecting rooms. But, you have to book 5 people. Hope that helps!

We were thinking two rooms would be the way to go.

How do you see the prices online? Do you do one adult, one kid in each reservation or is this something that we need to call for?

I'm trying to navigate the website and it is a bit tricky

We were on FOS for the Christmas cruise. We had 2 connecting Promenade rooms (7615 and 7617) for me, my husband, 17 year old son and 13 year old daughter. In my room we had the king size bed and in the kids room they each had a single bed. I thought it was perfect,very comfortable and great location

We have 2 daughters, who are 2 years apart. The 1st time we cruised (they were 10 and 12) and all 4 of us were in a balcony cabin. Never again! The next cruise they were 13 and 15. We took a balcony and they had an inside across the hall. Since then, they always have they own cabin. They prefer a promenade, if possible. Our latest cruise, they were 19 and 21, so location near us was not even an issue. We booked 2 promenades fairly close together.

Archived