Snorkling at Paradise Beach?

excitedcruiser

I wen tto paradice beach, and dzul ha(well almost to dzul ha) in November. Snorkeling ins a no go at PB. nothing to see. Dzul HA, I actually stopped the rental car afew hundred yards short of Dzul Ha, because I saw a tour letting people out to snorkel from a boat there. I had to skillfully manage over fire coral, and have scars to show that i got a little careless while trying to photograph a beautiful little fish that didn't want his picture taken. My kids were tired from swimming at Paradise Beach and didn't want to snorkel, so I didn't have to worry about them getting hurt on the coral. The snorkeling was OUT OF THIS WORLD, the most fish, most beautiful coral I have ever seen while snorkeling. I'm sure Dzul HA a little further down the old highway is just as nice. You can take a cab from the pier, but I doubt you'd want to stay there all day. I would suggest renting a car, and checking out some of the beaches first. I have to be honest about Paradise Beach. It was nice, but not all that, unless you've just not been to many perfect beaches. ITs among a strand of commercial interprises along the beach. I was nice enough to take Paradise Beach Tom some milk fro the ship, and even went on a special shopping trip to bring Jello Instant pudding to his friend, but his staff hassled me about leaving them my ships id or drivers license before we could take the sea kayaks out. PB Tom finally intervened and told them I could leave a 20.00 deposit. I had paid and we had arm bands on, so I didn't understand all the trouble. I asked them if they were afraid I was going to head toward the U.S. in the kayak. Oh well, it just frustrated me a bit, because I had left my id with thte car rental agency, in lieu of using a credit card,, because my credit card had been way overcharged the previous year by a car rental agency at the pier in Cozumel.

I'm sorry I've gon on and on, but I would definately recommend Dzul Ha for snorkeling. There is a current there, but the bar/restaurant (i didn't eat ther so can't comment) at Dzul Ha is supposed to have a sign that states the conditions. You might be a little cautious and just check it out before letting the small ones in.

Shawn

Archived