Discounted cruises

TheRejector

Searching thru my employers website and employee discounts I find Carnival (along with most other cruise lines) needless to say it peaked my intrest following the links I ended up at a place called Gov Vacation Rewards I looked up the cruise I already have booked and the site claimed a 150 dollar savings, doing the math it seemed to pan out that way except you have to pay almost half up front (not that big of a deal) the one thing I did find strange was no charge for Federal Taxes/Fees. The taxes and such was 156.04 on my booking, this makes me a little leary so I am still trying to figure out what is going on.:cool:

Per Passenger Fare Summary

Passenger

Fare

Govt Fees

Total

#1 $1,274.00 $78.02 $1,352.02 #2 $1,274.00 $78.02 $1,352.02

Note: If more than 1 cabin is needed, you must complete this process a second time for the second cabin.

CSA Insurance:

$249.00

Approximate Total Price:

$2,953.04

Pay this amount today:

$1,107.00

This amount due 18 Feb, 2011:

$1,846.04

This is a 9C cabin.

Searching thru my employers website and employee discounts I find Carnival (along with most other cruise lines) needless to say it peaked my intrest following the links I ended up at a place called Gov Vacation Rewards I looked up the cruise I already have booked and the site claimed a 150 dollar savings, doing the math it seemed to pan out that way except you have to pay almost half up front (not that big of a deal) the one thing I did find strange was no charge for Federal Taxes/Fees. The taxes and such was 156.04 on my booking, this makes me a little leary so I am still trying to figure out what is going on.:cool:

Passenger

Fare

Govt Fees

Total

Note: If more than 1 cabin is needed, you must complete this process a second time for the second cabin.

CSA Insurance:

$249.00

Approximate Total Price:

$2,953.04

Pay this amount today:

$1,107.00

$1,846.04

This is a 9C cabin.

the word FEDERAL on the taxes you are using it incorrectly as its not federal fees and taxes that are added. .. regular taxes like sales tax are a percentage, this is a fixed amount. Carnival doesnt charge federal taxes either.

Can you just say what the bottom line difference is?? I cant follow your math sorry.

Supposedly no TA can discount Carnival's fares .. so I am skeptical.

Sorry about that Govt fees were 78.02 per person 156.04 Duh!:p

There arent any govt fees. ..there are add on fees and taxes which are not federal.

port charges are included in the cruise fare so they are not added on.

Can you figure out the bottom line difference?? Nov 1st, Carnival stopped allowing any TAs to discount is why Im asking.

the word FEDERAL on the taxes you are using it incorrectly as its not federal fees and taxes that are added. .. regular taxes like sales tax are a percentage, this is a fixed amount. Carnival doesnt charge federal taxes either.

Can you just say what the bottom line difference is?? I cant follow your math sorry.

Supposedly no TA can discount Carnival's fares .. so I am skeptical.

Current price:

Select a Cabin

Stateroom

Deck

Sq. Ft.

Upper

Lower

Select 6479

UPPER

view ship deck

-

-

selectcabin.jpg

EMPRESS

view ship deck

-

-

selectcabin.jpg

Passenger

Fare

Govt Fees

Total

#1 $1,349.00 $78.02 $1,427.02 #2 $1,349.00 $78.02 $1,427.02

CSA Insurance:

$249.00

Approximate Total Price:

$3,103.04

Pay this amount today:

$1,257.00

$1,846.04

Uncheck to decline insurance

Discounted price:

progressbar-1.gif

Select a Cabin

Stateroom

Deck

Sq. Ft.

Upper

Lower

Select 6479

UPPER

view ship deck

-

-

selectcabin.jpg

EMPRESS

view ship deck

-

-

selectcabin.jpg

Passenger

Fare

Govt Fees

Total

CSA Insurance:

$249.00

Approximate Total Price:

$2,953.04

Pay this amount today:

$1,107.00

$1,846.04

Uncheck to decline insurance

Im just asking you to do the math and tell us if they are indeed discounting .. as Carnival does not allow this any longer.

The current price is 3103.04 for 2 people including trip insurance

Their pice is 2953.04 including trip insurance.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking if you're getting a good discount? Have you checked prices for this sailing on other travel sites? Or on the Carnival site?

It seems rather unusual to have to pay half the fare upfront, rather than just the usual deposit. What do you gain by doing that?

I think it's up to you if you feel you're getting a good deal or not.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking if you're getting a good discount? Have you checked prices for this sailing on other travel sites? Or on the Carnival site?

It seems rather unusual to have to pay half the fare upfront, rather than just the usual deposit. What do you gain by doing that?

I think it's up to you if you feel you're getting a good deal or not.

I'll check the Carnival site in a bit, we are offered a lot of discounts but it suprised me to see Carnival on there and it does seem to pan out as a 150.00 discount at todays price.

Archived