Cruise Card Question

CRUZERWANNABE

I have noticed that many people put their cards on lanyards or something similiar to keep them close at hand and from getting lost. The question I have is....

when you need to use the card, do you take the card off the lanyard or give the whole lanyard to the waiter etc...??? I am trying to decide if I want to do this, but some lanyards do not seem to have a "quick release" , just want it to be easy for me and the person waiting for me!

Thanks, Carol

your card is your room key...so you need it then unless you want to bend over to insert it into the lock...you need it to get on and off the ship at each port..you need to hand it over to the bar staff....and for anything else you might buy on the ship.

Keep mine on a thin lanyard and hand the lanyard and card to the person who needs to debit my shipboard account. Truly is no problem re-boarding the ship, etc. In the evening when dressed up I just place it in my bag.

I keep it on the door handle in the cabin...don't leave 'home' without it. Next cruise, planning on taking a magnetic hook for the door inorder to raise the card to a more convenient eyelevel.

Missybud:

I dont' think you want to put your card on anything magnetic. My father in law kept putting his room key in his pocket with something magnetic (can't remember what) and he kept erasing his card. Had to get 3-4 new cards in a 7 day trip (he refused to believe he was doing it). heehee.

Definitely keep your cruise card away from any magnets, it will erase the info and cause them not to work, not even to open your stateroom door. DH learned this the hard way. :(

Try a suction cup hook or one of those that sticks but you pull the strip at the end of the cruise for it to release permanently. I think they are called 'Command' if I am not mistaken.

I had my card on a lanyard (fyi - they sell them in the ship gift shop if you want a Princess one :) ), and more often than not I could just hold my card up for them (still around my neck) and they would write down the info. Sometimes I would take it off and hand it to them if it appeared that they preferred it that way. I highly recommend the lanyard idea.

We bought the Princess lanyards last cruise and wore them around our necks 99% of the time. We spent most evenings at the Wheelhouse as we loved the band - Phoenix Rising. (Whoever has them this year, they are very good)

We had the same waitstaff and after the first evening, we did not have to take it off, just hold it up and they look at the name - no problem. If you have your coke sticker, same thing, as long as they can read the name you have no problem. :) Each evening before retiring, I put them in my bag and next morning just take them out and head for breakfast in the dining room and the day starts over.

Yes, you do have to take them off before leaving and entering ship.:)

We use those ID badge holders that you get at conventions, conferences, etc. That way we can put in our Cruise cards, our ID (needed to pick-up the kids from the kids center), and other things we might want handy (like shore excursion tickets, or notes with our friends cabin numbers). These are essentially plastic pouches with a neck strap, so you can add and remove things by just sliding them into the pouch.

Archived