Pacific Dawn - Cruising from Brisbane question

golfer76

Going on a Sth Pacific cruise on the 19th March from Brisbane. The ship is supposed to depart at 2pm. What time can you usually get on board in the morning beforehand?

good on you for booking a cruise.

check in starts about 8am - 8.30 am and boarding starts about 10 am depending if they running on time. We are all ways there about 8.30 am and normaly in the first 10 people to board.

golfer76 if you are looking for long term parking there a few close to port side, We have used gateway air port parting which in the same street as port side where the ship is and very good.

We have used Andrews parking which a about 15 mins away and very good

There is port side parking have not used them, as the other two (Andrews parking and gateway air port parking)are cheaper and you can book them with RACQ and get it cheaper again.

all three have shuttle busses for port side and planty of poeple to help with you bags.

Love Thied.

golfer76 if you are looking for long term parking there a few close to port side, We have used gateway air port parting which in the same street as port side where the ship is and very good.

We have used Andrews parking which a about 15 mins away and very good

There is port side parking have not used them, as the other two (Andrews parking and gateway air port parking)are cheaper and you can book them with RACQ and get it cheaper again.

all three have shuttle busses for port side and planty of poeple to help with you bags.

Love Thied.

Thanks again thied. How much is the parking nearby? I popped down there late last year to see the Dawn and noticed some carparks nearby. Other than that I am looking at parking the car at my grandparent's place (Virginia) and catching a cab from there with our travelling party. ;)

Thanks again thied. How much is the parking nearby? I popped down there late last year to see the Dawn and noticed some carparks nearby. Other than that I am looking at parking the car at my grandparent's place (Virginia) and catching a cab from there with our travelling party. ;)
We cruise in April this year and we booked at gate way air port parking on the Racq site, for 13 days is $ 110.00.

We were on a cruise last oct and we/ the ship was not alowd to dock in brisbane, and we had stay out of port for an extra day, We used Andrews parking and they did not charge extra. By the Andrews and gateway are the same company.

Going on a Sth Pacific cruise on the 19th March from Brisbane. The ship is supposed to depart at 2pm. What time can you usually get on board in the morning beforehand?

I suggest arriving to check in a bit before 10am. By 10.30 there would be quite a queue and a longer wait. When you check in you are given a group number for embarkation. The first arrivals get A, etc. etc. Anyone arriving around 10am wouldn't get an 'A' embarkation number, but would be in only a few groups behind the first to embark. Usually embarkation starts around 10.45am and (if you arrive by 10am) you would probably be embarking by 11.15. With all due respect to Thied, but I don't see the point in turning up at 8.30am and waiting more than two hours to board. However, I also want to be on board to have lunch before the ship gets crowded.:):)

Parking - As Thied said, Portside Parking or Andrews. An advantage with Portside is that their 'undercover' is real undercover in a locked building, not in the open with a bit of shadecloth partly protecting the vehicle (as we had at Andrews).

I suggest arriving to check in a bit before 10am. By 10.30 there would be quite a queue and a longer wait. When you check in you are given a group number for embarkation. The first arrivals get A, etc. etc. Anyone arriving around 10am wouldn't get an 'A' embarkation number, but would be in only a few groups behind the first to embark. Usually embarkation starts around 10.45am and (if you arrive by 10am) you would probably be embarking by 11.15. With all due respect to Thied, but I don't see the point in turning up at 8.30am and waiting more than two hours to board. However, I also want to be on board to have lunch before the ship gets crowded.:):)

Parking - As Thied said, Portside Parking or Andrews. An advantage with Portside is that their 'undercover' is real undercover in a locked building, not in the open with a bit of shadecloth partly protecting the vehicle (as we had at Andrews).

and gateway airport parking is all inside a huge shed with some out side parking and 400 mtrs up the road from port side in the same street. and Andrews has all three shade cloth and inside a shed and out side in the weather parking.

13 days ring in booking $139.00

On line booking $125.00

7 days ring in booking $105.00

On line booking $94.50

13 days ring in or online $125.00 with RACQ $112.50

7 days ring in or online $94.00 with RACQ $84.60

13 days on line and ring in $122.00 with RACQ $110.00

7 days on line or ring in $90.00 with RACQ $81.00

I got all the prices from them as an in door parking

13 days ring in booking $139.00

On line booking $125.00

7 days ring in booking $105.00

On line booking $94.50

13 days ring in or online $125.00 with RACQ $112.50

7 days ring in or online $94.00 with RACQ $84.60

13 days on line and ring in $122.00 with RACQ $110.00

7 days on line or ring in $90.00 with RACQ $81.00

I got all the prices from them as an in door parking

Wow...thanks thied!! You're a legend! Saves me doing the research lol!! :D:)

Archived