HAL and RC to Celebrity?

Gablin

I've cruised four times with HAL, twice with Carnival, and twice with Royal Caribbean. Recently, I've been attracted to Celebrity, but have not yet booked a cruise with them. I'm looking at New Zealand/Australia for my next cruise.

My travel agent has invited me to a lunch next week being put on by Celebrity, Royal and Azamara to push their products.

My biggest question is this: Will my having cruised on Royal Caribbean give me anything on Celebrity?

I have only 48 days with HAL, which gets me only a free lunch (Wait! They're all free, aren't they?) and some advertised specials at times I can't go or to places I've already visited.

The difference between HAL and RC and Celebrity is the Loyalty Program. We are 40 days away from the top tier with HAL and have no incentive to get there. Just try to get a free drink on HAL. Celebrity has an unbelievable program. Internet, laundry, cocktail hour! No contest!:)

You would need to be at least at the second level of RCI's loyalty program to receive reciprocity with Celebrity's loyalty program. Celebrity is a great product. The only negative is for the cruise you are considering, Celebrity's oldest ship in the fleet is doing that itinerary. Century is a nice ship, but Celebrity's newer ships are even better.

Since the Century has been updated (balconies and complete redo inside) it is a great ship. The service on the Century has always been great.

I've cruised HAL, Royal and Princess - I believe that Celebrity is by far the best cruise line. We love it. If you ever get the chance to cruise on one of their new Solstice class ships, do so. The ships are past amazing; the food is the best; can't say enough about them.

Archived