Radiance of the Sea

Suzjoh

We just had a great cruise on the Explorer to the Western. (2/13-2/20)Everything worked out great. She is a little worn and crew told us she is going in for a refurbishment in Sept.

We are planning another for feb 2006. This time we will try the Radiance to the west. The cabin our agent has held is directly mid ship where the side bumps out. It looks like the elevators are on the other side.

Are these rooms noisy??

Is the Radiance worn or has she been refurbished lately?

I would appreciate any replies.

Suzjoh

We were on the Radiance Feb 13-20 and one of the things I found amazing was the terrific shape the ship was in. Considering the traffic every day for 365 days a year, the ship looked sparkling clean and well maintained. I think there will always be a certain amount of "wear and tear" due to the volume of passengers, but I didn't see any issues on the Radiance at all.

Enjoy your cruise.....we did! :)

I have never heard anyone post regarding noise from the elevators. We will be on the Radiance 4-10-05 in cabin 9094. It is the second cabin aft of the elevators on the port side. Someone else wanted info on this cabin so I will post when we return.

We have the bump cabin starboard, and have been told not to worry about noise. I understand there is a partition that makes a hallway right in front of the Centrium, that cuts down any noise. Mind you this is not first hand experience, but what I have been told from experienced cruisers.

We were on the beautiful Radiance last Sept on a Hawaii cruise. I was amazed how great the ship looked. It looked brand new. It really is a fantastic ship. We would sail on her again in a heartbeat:D

Of course, we only want to sail again on her with the Palmers:D .

Yes, this ship is beautiful - walls of glass to enjoy and the Colony Club is (IMHO) the best lounge at sea. The staff are outstanding too - friendly and efficient.

You won't be disappointed.

Regarding Elevator noise - you will not hear anything. There is ample space, and hallway "entrances" to where the cabins are. We were on the Radiance July 2004 and loved this ship. The elevators in the centrum have windows all around, so you will not miss anything on this ship. We had cabin 9584 directly in the middle of the hump across from the elevators. They are the best cabins to have as they give you a full view of the ship outside front to back. We enjoyed the Radiance very much, and no - we did not think it looked particularly worn either. We would sail her again with no hesitation. We are looking forward to trying her "twin" the Serenade.

Archived