Gluten Free on Princess

kerryw29

We had breakfast a year or two ago with a woman on a gluten free diet. She said that every evening, the maitre 's brought her all the menus for the next day. She ordered then so that everything could be correctly prepared for her. She said it had worked great.

Thanks everyone.

I posted before I searched - I know big no no - but I am overwhelmed with the diagnosis and was panicking a bit :)

I went in a meeting here at work and just got out and did a search - and found quite a few posts.

most of the super positive ones...were for different cruise lines...

My mom was told to eat Gluten-free for awhile and it happened to be over a cruise! Ugh! She was kind of worried, but our waiter couldn't have been nicer.

Like someone already posted, the waiter will bring you the menus the night before so the food can be prepared in advance. They will also bring you hot Gluten-free bread every evening so you can enjoy the "bread basket" along with everyone else.

There were plenty of things for my mom to eat - even desserts. She was thrilled! Princess did a great job accommodating her.

My wife has this requirement, as well. My suggestion: call Princess Customer service and they will tell you how to go about arranging for this.

We are leaving on February 23rd and last week we received a message from the foodservice director on our ship giving her all the required information.

The 'gluten free' requirement also appears in the cruise personalizer.

My son is also on a gluten free diet, along with other restrictions. We never had a problem with requesting gluten free bread (and for toast at breakfast in the MDR) or getting things prepared a bit differently..plain grilled chicken for example.

It really is a bit of an advantage...that's the way we see it anyway...as when your waiter is made aware of food restrictions, they will come around with the next day's menu and you can let them know what you can eat, and how it is to be prepared (eg: I'll have the fish but no sauce...). By pre-ordering it gives them time to prepare a special dish so no cross contamination should occur. No more wondering what's on the menu tomorrow, and then you can plan your lunch accordingly ;) Just let them know and they will take care of it. Enjoy!

Buy a bunch of square plastic containers of about 1-2 lb size and buy all the ingredients you need for cooking, include rice pasta, and the book by Bette Hagman The Gluten Free Gourmet.

Theres enough food onboard a Princess Ship that you'd never have to eat gluten for a year. Ask Princess if they ahve rice pasta.

Archived