Hampton Inn - Blue Lagoon area in Miami

tbrenk1973

Would you recommend this hotel? Are there restaurants within walking distance? The rate is $125 per night.

We are cruising out of Miami on 4/10. I see they offer free shuttle from airport to hotel which is nice. We are a group of 9 people.

This hotel, along with the Homewood Suites around the corner (another Hilton brand), are very popular with cruisers on these boards. You are not close to the port and a long distance from the nightlife of Miami Beach, but if all you want is a clean room, a safe area, dining and shopping options, and a great breakfast in the morning you've made a good choice.

There is a local strip mall across the street with a Publix grocery store, liquor store :D, Starbucks etc. along with several dining options (Italian, Chinese, and Casa Juan for great and inexpensive Cuban food ;)) plus fast food options (BK is closest to your hotel).

The hotel can arrange for shuttle service to POM the next day for about $10 each, or you can probably save a few $ by squeezing into 2 mini-van cabs which will cost under $30 each (includes tip). The ride to POM will take about 15 or so minutes. Have a good cruise! :)

This looks like a good hotel for hubby and I since we are not into the nightlife, but would really like to make a trip to South Beach. How much would a taxi cost from the Hampton to drop us off at South Beach? Thanks

I would think about $32 each way (plus tip); you might do better to stay on the beach.

That is quite pricey, what about any private van services in that area? I really do not want to stay nearer the beach, my husband is freaking out already that I want to sail out of Miami, he hates big cities.

Why don't you call Hampton Inn and see what they rec. for a trip to SoBe.

With 9 people you'd need 3 cabs (or a couple van cabs) ...at $90+ each way,(easily a couple hundred round trip for the 9 of you) you might do better with a shuttle or limo service.

Why don't you call Hampton Inn and see what they rec. for a trip to SoBe.

With 9 people you'd need 3 cabs (or a couple van cabs) ...at $90+ each way,(easily a couple hundred round trip for the 9 of you) you might do better with a shuttle or limo service.

That's a good idea. Another thing when booking this hotel do I have to book the cruise package or can we just get the shuttle service to the port separately? Since we don't have a car it seems pretty silly to pay for the parking. thanks once again.

That's a good idea. Another thing when booking this hotel do I have to book the cruise package or can we just get the shuttle service to the port separately? Since we don't have a car it seems pretty silly to pay for the parking. thanks once again.

You do not need to book the cruise package if you are not leaving a car there - the front desk can arrange for shuttle service to POM the next day for about $10 each, or you can probably save a few $ by squeezing into 2 mini-van cabs which will cost just under $30 each (includes tip).:cool: The ride to POM will take about 15 or so minutes.

A cheap way to get to South Beach from Blue Lagoon is to take the free hotel shuttle back to MIA and then ride the airport flyer express bus from there to South Beach for $2.35 each. :D Here's a link with more details: http://www.miami-airport.com/pdfdoc/airport_flyer_brochure.pdf

Good luck! :)

You do not need to book the cruise package if you are not leaving a car there - the front desk can arrange for shuttle service to POM the next day for about $10 each, or you can probably save a few $ by squeezing into 2 mini-van cabs which will cost just under $30 each (includes tip).:cool: The ride to POM will take about 15 or so minutes.

A cheap way to get to South Beach from Blue Lagoon is to take the free hotel shuttle back to MIA and then ride the airport flyer express bus from there to South Beach for $2.35 each. :D Here's a link with more details: http://www.miami-airport.com/pdfdoc/airport_flyer_brochure.pdf

Good luck! :)

I was looking at this, seems like a pretty good way to save some money and see a little bit more of the city.

Would you recommend this hotel? Are there restaurants within walking distance? The rate is $125 per night.

We are cruising out of Miami on 4/10. I see they offer free shuttle from airport to hotel which is nice. We are a group of 9 people.

We stayed here precruise back in 08 and I really liked the hotel and the location. . it had a free airport shuttle and it has nice rooms and free breakfast. It is near many restaurants within walking distance as well as a publix grocery store, cvs and walgreens. We had a group of 6 and I just reserved a shuttle to the port on my own which was $10 per person because I wanted to leave before the hotel shuttle was scheduled to go to the port. It worked out very well for us. hope that info helps. . happy cruising!

Archived