Problem with Early Saver

luv2trvlnow

I saw a price drop for our cruise on Monday, submitted the form and received an approval on Tuesday morning. Also received the email showing the new amounts and everything showed up on Carnival's website correctly.

This morning I saw an even lower rate (senior rate-yes, 2 of us qualify). Submitted the form and received the approval email. Then I received an email showing that it was still the previous amount owed. My Account on Carnival's website shows the previous total (higher amount).

I called Carnival and talked to them. They say it is approved and that it takes 2 days for the new lower rate to show on your account. I have done this many times and never had this happen. They tell me I have to wait several days to see if it shows up. If not, I am supposed to call them back. Sure by that time the rate will probably go back up and I will be out of luck. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Do you think I should resubmit for the lower price and see if that can get it right this time?

Sharon

It can take a couple of days for info to show up in your profile. If it were me, I'd call to check up. You are really under the gun timewise.

Perhaps you could get someone to email you a confirmation....then print it off and take it with you.

Well I had tried the phone call before I even posted here, and was told by the supervisor that they could see it was approved. She had no idea why the amount wasn't changed. She had never seen it happen like this before, but they have to wait at least 2 days before they can do anything about it. Makes no sense to me. I am an accountant and they finished that request and I know they will not be going back to change it later.

Guess I'm just not patient, so I resubmitted. I told them it was a resubmitted request and told them there had been no change in the total. In 1 hour I received the approval email and this time a corrected total. They even gave me a new tracking number to trace the transaction. The correction is also on my account on Carnival's website.

Carnival came through. But I think it is because I sent in a new form. The information shown on the approval email was from the resubmittal. So if anyone else runs into this problem, I say resubmit. It worked :).

Sharon

Archived