cabin number 7015-Black Watch

Hi we are booked in a junior suite on Black Watch. We booked a cabin then changed our mind about the position, and changed it (cost us to do that):o Now I know I am being silly but this time I picked one that I now realise has a lift right next to it !!!!..Can anyone confirm whether you hear any noise from the lifts..the actual cabin looks a lot bigger on the deck plan, I hope it's not to compensate for noise from the lifts.:(

I have travelled on all fred. Olsen's ships and have, on occasions had cabin close to lifts. I had no problem with noise from the lifts themselves but, on rare occasions, could heat people chattingas they left the lifts. i don't think you will have a problem. I have sailed in cabin 7001 and found it ideal.:)

• 3 months later...

Vicki . we have now moved again!!! and are in 9902. from what I have managed to find out 9901 and 9902 are huge. Are they normal cabin size with a bedroom off?. That seems to be along the side of the lift. Any noise from above? Really really looking forward to this holiday now.

I never even thought about the lifts or anything when i booked cabin 4059. My only thought was that i didn't want to be at the back of the ship, but also didn't want to be at the pointed end. I could probably sleep through anything anyway.

Vicki . we have now moved again!!! and are in 9902. from what I have managed to find out 9901 and 9902 are huge. Are they normal cabin size with a bedroom off?. That seems to be along the side of the lift. Any noise from above? Really really looking forward to this holiday now.

Do let us know how you get on, english lady. We are booked into the same cabin after an upgrade - for the Greenland cruise in August. We have been near lifts before, and not been bothered by any noise.

I most certainly will try and post a review, but if that seems like too much hard work, I will post a little thing on here, to say what we thought of the cabin. Once on a Thomson's ship we were just along from the bar at the top front of the ship,and right by the top of the stairs ,and we never heard anyone. It was a large cabin as well.

Archived