Where to go for a massage at Orient Beach?

avp1234

I posted this on another forum and the reply I got back, said to get one on the ship :( Last year we went to Orient and loved it and are going back in March. I really want to get a massage, and I've read there is a hut somewhere, that may be available and maybe not. I've also read to go to the resort there. If I do, will they accommodate people not staying there? I remember last year seeing people on tables in the middle of everybody else, which would not be relaxing to me. Any place on the resort or otherwise that is somewhat private? Any advice would be appreciated.

I posted this on another forum and the reply I got back, said to get one on the ship :( Last year we went to Orient and loved it and are going back in March. I really want to get a massage, and I've read there is a hut somewhere, that may be available and maybe not. I've also read to go to the resort there. If I do, will they accommodate people not staying there? I remember last year seeing people on tables in the middle of everybody else, which would not be relaxing to me. Any place on the resort or otherwise that is somewhat private? Any advice would be appreciated.

Here is a photo that he took on Orient Beach, He would probably know where,prices,etc.

DSCN6334.JPG

looks like to me the picture was taken at the Kon Tiki beach bar

Nope, it's the Yin Yang Center, alongside La Playa, a little farther down the beach from Kon Tiki. They have different loungers.

From the original photo I think I can read that a massage was €70, $80/ 1 hour, €40, $45/ 1/2 hour in October of 2009.

gary

So..the best thing to do is just wing it and look around for a place when I get there. If all else fails, I'll try the resort there, as they look like they have a building at the beachside. One more question, how far is it between Orient and Marigot? I wouldn't mind spending a couple of hours looking around the shops. Thanks for any advice.

Gary -

I love that photo! We've spent a lot of time in those yellow loungers - in fact we plan to be sitting right there at LaPlaya on Thursday, having a few cold ones. Our friends are there now and say the weather is wonderful. Early tomorrow morning we are headed to SXM for a few days. It's always fun to see cruisers enjoying themselves on Orient - busier the better for us!

LT

Archived