Any places to buy liquor/wine within walking distance of port of Miami?

gardn198

We're getting a free shuttle to the port from our hotel, and I'd rather not pay for a taxi to take me to the store, or bring my booze in my suitcase. Any recommendations of where I can buy it on a Sunday morning within walking distance of Miami? lol.

good point.. when you say sealed, do you mean it has to be in the original container? my only drawback for bringing it on the plane is I don't want my luggage to be over 50 lbs! I'll see if there's anything near my hotel. We're staying at the Days Inn Miami International Airport, they have a free airport shuttle until 1AM and a free port shuttle! It's only 89.50 including tax with our AAA discount! Great deal!

We're getting a free shuttle to the port from our hotel, and I'd rather not pay for a taxi to take me to the store, or bring my booze in my suitcase. Any recommendations of where I can buy it on a Sunday morning within walking distance of Miami? lol.

No there is no where to walk that is anywhere near the ship. In fact IMO you would be foolish to attempt to walk back into Miami from the port area. (Once you have seen it you will understand, it is on an island that is all port and nothing else.)

Why not just bring it one the plane? It's allowed, 5L sealed. Checked of course.

Do you know how much that weighs? A bottle of liquor is going to use up 10% of the allowed weight of a suitcase. It is a lot cheaper to pay a cab than it is to pay an overweight baggage fee.

We went to the cuban cafe the night before to pick up wine. Same reason, flying from Canada and did not want to chane the bottles leaking or the weight. We stayed at the Embassy Suites the night before and it was only a $10 cab ride including tip to take us there, wait for us, and then drive us back. It looks a little sketchy, but we had no problems.

good point.. when you say sealed, do you mean it has to be in the original container? my only drawback for bringing it on the plane is I don't want my luggage to be over 50 lbs! I'll see if there's anything near my hotel. We're staying at the Days Inn Miami International Airport, they have a free airport shuttle until 1AM and a free port shuttle! It's only 89.50 including tax with our AAA discount! Great deal!

Depending on which Days Inn you are staying in, if it is the one on NW 36th st, there is a liquor store about one block away. Also there is a minimart type of store just next door. We have stayed her numerous times before our cruise. Great place to grab wine, water, sodas and juice before the trip to the port. Hope this helps.

Archived