Labadee question: Please don't flame me!!

Liztoybiz

Hi guys,

I know the whole Barefoot Beach/suite guests issue has been debated to death here, and it is entertaining reading, but I have a question and I haven't been able to find the answer. Hubby and I are getting a GS with our kids across the hall in a Boardwalk view room. We are also cruising with the in-laws as well as my BIL and his family of 4. What I'm wondering is if we could purchase the cabana FOR the in-laws and BIL +family. They total 6 people.

Then, if that works, would our dependent children (ages 16 & 17) that are across the hall be able to use Barefoot Beach with us, their parents, or would they say no to that because they don't have the right cabin type? If RCCL said no, we'd all go to a different beach as I would much rather us all spend time together on Labadee than go to Barefoot Beach. I really don't want to cause any debate, I just want to work out our plans in advance.

One final question: for suite guests, is the use of the floating mats or snorkel gear included or for a fee?

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer!

Liz

Longtime reader, infrequent poster...

You can invite anyone to your cabana, as long as it's within the number of folks allowed. Even non-suite guests may rent the cabanas...as long as suite guests get "first crack" at them!

I do believe floating mats are included in the cabana rental.

You can invite anyone to your cabana, as long as it's within the number of folks allowed. Even non-suite guests may rent the cabanas...as long as suite guests get "first crack" at them!

I do believe floating mats are included in the cabana rental.

How do you go about renting a cabana if you are a non-suite guest? I'm assuming this is something you do on the ship? Anyone know how much it costs and what the chances of a non-suite guest getting one is?

1. Cabana's are totally worth the cost.

2. I'm not sure if non suite guests can go to barefoot. You'll need to check. since you have a suite, email the conciarge(sp?). They will help. Our's was awesome and did many things for us.

3. Do not go barefoot in the water on this beach... bring water shoes.

Hi guys,

I know the whole Barefoot Beach/suite guests issue has been debated to death here, and it is entertaining reading, but I have a question and I haven't been able to find the answer. Hubby and I are getting a GS with our kids across the hall in a Boardwalk view room. We are also cruising with the in-laws as well as my BIL and his family of 4. What I'm wondering is if we could purchase the cabana FOR the in-laws and BIL +family. They total 6 people.

Then, if that works, would our dependent children (ages 16 & 17) that are across the hall be able to use Barefoot Beach with us, their parents, or would they say no to that because they don't have the right cabin type? If RCCL said no, we'd all go to a different beach as I would much rather us all spend time together on Labadee than go to Barefoot Beach. I really don't want to cause any debate, I just want to work out our plans in advance.

One final question: for suite guests, is the use of the floating mats or snorkel gear included or for a fee?

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer!

Liz

Longtime reader, infrequent poster...

I could be wrong on this but I don't think so

GS and up gets first choice on cabana rentals

at least 1 Suite guest must be renting the cabana - then you could have an additional 5 non suite guests in the cabana as your guest (sounds like you would be 1 short) and access to Barefoot Beach

all other GS and up guests have access to Barefoot Beach with or without cabana rental

If all suite people have rented and there are cabana's left over, then non suite people can rent and have up to 6 in cabana

floats & snorkel equipment are included with cabana rental for free only

otherwise, I believe you have to rent

Hope this helps your question

Great info, thanks so much to all who have chimed in. I appreciate the water shoes tip and will be sure to pass it on to the rest of the group. I hope that you are incorrect LovesCruising (lol, no offense) as that would mean having to rent two cabanas. Not only $ but I don't want to tie up two of them as they are so limited. Don't even know if I could get two... I would just plan to camp elsewhere on the island with the group.

Anyone have any idea about bringing our daughters with us? As I mentioned, they are across the hall from us.

And finally, do anyone who has been recently, do they make you use (free or otherwise) vests when just wading out and snorkeling with your own equipment? I hate vests, makes free diving very difficult...

Thanks for the help!

Liz

Archived