Smoking on Oasis

Does Oasis sell cigarettes onboard? This will be my first RCL cruise coming up in May. Celebrity always sells them even though I understand their smoking policy is more restrictive than RCL's. My husband and I both smoke but we have always found Celebrity's policy very relaxed. We don't enjoy smoke on the balconies because it filters into the rooms too easily. Oasis should be interesting for us.

Does Oasis sell cigarettes onboard? This will be my first RCL cruise coming up in May. Celebrity always sells them even though I understand their smoking policy is more restrictive than RCL's. My husband and I both smoke but we have always found Celebrity's policy very relaxed. We don't enjoy smoke on the balconies because it filters into the rooms too easily. Oasis should be interesting for us.

Hi Regina! My husband and I are both smokers as well and I was wondering how Celebrity is for smokers. Could you please pass on some info? I understand they are more restrictive, but we were wondering if any smokers were able to enjoy the Celebrity experience and still have a cigarette every now and then. Thanks for anything that you may be able to share on the subject.

Here's what Celebrity's website has to say about smoking on their ships:

Smoking

For the comfort and enjoyment of our guests, our ships are designated as non-smoking, however, we recognize that some of our guests smoke. Therefore, to provide an onboard environment that also satisfies smokers, we have designated certain areas of the ship as "smoking areas." Generally, smoking is not permitted except in designated areas. (Contact the Guest Relations Desk for additional details).

Smoking is permitted in many of our lounges and on open air decks on the port side of the ship.

Celebrity Cruises kindly asks all guests to please observe the non-smoking areas and to refrain from smoking pipes or cigar in any of the public areas. These requests are made to provide a comfortable shipboard environment for everyone.

Where permitted, cigarettes, cigars and pipe tobacco must always be properly disposed of and never thrown overboard. A guest must be at least 18 years of age to purchase, possess or use tobacco.

Hi Regina! My husband and I are both smokers as well and I was wondering how Celebrity is for smokers. Could you please pass on some info? I understand they are more restrictive, but we were wondering if any smokers were able to enjoy the Celebrity experience and still have a cigarette every now and then. Thanks for anything that you may be able to share on the subject.

We always found that Celebrity was accomodating to smokers, although it is known to be a "non-smoking" cruise line. You cannot smoke on the stateroom balconies, which in my opinion is a good thing. You can smoke in the outside bars and venues, usually on the port sides of the ship. I don't know about you, but when we're home we don't smoke in the house, we go outside. Smokers certainly can enjoy themselves on Celebrity as we've done for years. Just don't even think about trying it on the balcony of your stateroom because that smoke filters into the room and hallway very quickly and you will be turned in. That's why I'm so surprised that RCCL permits smoking on the balconies. It just seems so insensitive to non-smokers that have to smell the second-hand smoke.

Archived