Embarkation Lunch

Gramagee

According to the HAL website,

The embarkation lunch is for all 1-star and above Mariners. I'd contest (and will probably on our next cruise), if they don't let us in. It's right there, brochure, website, everything!

Also, I read that everyone in the cabin gets the Mariners benefits of the highest-star member in the stateroom.

Why not take a printed copy of what is posted on HAL's website? That is what I did when this was first started in late 2009.

We have NEVER received an invitation to the lunch. We are three star mariners (will be 4 stars after the next one) and the last three cruises have been in Deluxe Verandah Suites and the Penthouse (got a great upsell).

Go figure.

I know -- I didn't even know about people getting an invitation until I read it here.

Wish HAL would get their act together.

Last cruise was the first time we went to the Mariner's Luncheon on embarkation day. It was our last cruise as one star mariner's! (Finally hit 2 star status) We were given an invitation when we checked in. When we got on board they tried to direct us to the Lido and when we told them about the invitation we were told that it was really crowded and we should probably go to the Lido. We did not take their advice, the dining room was easily half empty. It was so nice not to have to find a place to sit and to be waited on instead of carrying our plates around trying to find a spot to sit. I loved it and am hoping next cruise we will be able to have the same experience. I would go for it as your friend would be your guest and I can't see them begruding you that fact. You are responsible for bringing in new revenue to the company.

Archived