Galveston Hotel at Mardi Gras

islasisterchick

Uh oh, our ship leaves out of Galveston the weekend before Mardi Gras and it appears that even the Super 8 is over $200 a night. Has anybody stayed at any of the places in Texas City to know if they are ok? Or any ideas for a small place in Galveston that doesn't have their rates jacked way up? We wanted to do sleep, park and cruise, but not for $200 per room per night. LOL

what night will you be needing a hotel room ...mardi gras is like a week long in galveston from what ive heard and i found a hotel for 59.99 w/ a indoor pool ... what night/s will you be needing a room ?

...mardi gras is like a week long in galveston from what ive heard...

Galveston Mardi Gras is February 25 through March 8, 2011.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

It will be earlier next year since Easter will be April 8, 2012. This year, Easter is April 24, 2011.

Glad to be of service,

Kat 050103cat_prv.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I would say if you are driving you should probably check out rates in Houston or some of the surrounding areas... Texas City, Kemah, Seabrook, League City, La Marque, Clear Lake, LaPort, Baytown, ect...

I live in Baytown so I don't have any experience staying in the hotels in this area but I am sure you can find something nice and affordable if you don't mind driving 30-45min the day of your cruise.

You might also try priceline bidding. There are several places online that give you tips on how to bid and what to bid for. I was told about $50 for a 3 star and $60 for a 4 star but you have to be persistent to get the bid and you may have to go higher since it's during a "peek" time in Galveston.

I wish you the best of luck!!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

If you are a AAA member, you can book the Four Points Sheraton at 2300 Seawall Blvd for $75 + tax. I just booked it for the 26th at this price. Stayed here our last 2 cruises--very nice new hotel--can see the ships from your room. Up until last week they had a 2 night minimum & wanted $169 a night. Guess not enough people know they exists so had to lower the rates. A really good deal!

If you are a AAA member, you can book the Four Points Sheraton at 2300 Seawall Blvd for $75 + tax. I just booked it for the 26th

Thanks for the heads up, Golf!!! I went on priceline and it was the only 3 star hotel offered on the island due to the fact that it's Mardi Gras. So I bid $65 for a 3 star and got the Four Points!! I love Priceline. And I called the hotel and they said we can park there for free and take a taxi for $10 each way for 3 people. Woo hoo

Thanks for the heads up, Golf!!! I went on priceline and it was the only 3 star hotel offered on the island due to the fact that it's Mardi Gras. So I bid $65 for a 3 star and got the Four Points!! I love Priceline. And I called the hotel and they said we can park there for free and take a taxi for $10 each way for 3 people. Woo hoo

You are most welcome & thanks for the Priceline heads up--I have always been afraid to use it. HA! I was just so excited to see it at $75 that I grabbed it! We stayed at the 4 Points before our last 2 cruises on 01/09/11 & 01/30/11--got the same deal.

Are you staying the 26th? If so, looks like 2 parades will got past the hotel--well, one starts at 23rd St other at 14th.

Archived