Insurance

jmeans23970

I have tried searching past topics but can't find all the information I was looking for. Basically I want to know, If i buy insurance does that cover the cost of entire cruise if I can't go? (I am looking at buying it through Carnival).

I don't know about Carnival....

I use a local TA (and get my insurance form her also) and booked my air myself a few years ago.

I had to cancel and I thought I would have to eat the air cost.

My TA had added my air to the insurance policy:D

I got all but 23 cents back on cruise and airfare:D

I have tried searching past topics but can't find all the information I was looking for. Basically I want to know, If i buy insurance does that cover the cost of entire cruise if I can't go? (I am looking at buying it through Carnival).

I wouldn't do insurance through Carnival. It's more expensive and doesn't cover as much.

Go to this link www.insuremytrip.com

It lets you compare a lot of policies, and would cover the entire cost of the cruise if you can't go FOR CERTAIN REASONS.

Typically, if you get cancel for ANY reason coverage it's going to be more expensive. If you get your insurance within 14 days of the downpayment on your cruise then generally most policies include pre-existing conditions.

I usually go with a Travel Guard policy that has cancel for work related reasons included.

Insurance will normally cover all "Non-Refundable" items. This is Depending on why your cant go. Ask your Carnival rep for better clarification. Or better yet ask for a sample policy or to see the answer in writing on their website.

If you were to cancel for reasons covered in the Policy (some Policies include more/different reasons than others), your cruisefare would be covered (govt fees & taxes are refundable from Carnival if you don't cruise) up to the max amount of the Policy that you paid for. With 3rd Party Policies, if you also paid to insure your airfare and/or pre- or post- cruise hotels, any amounts that were not refundable (some hotel reservations can be cancelled/refunded up to the day before, for instance) would be covered. for flights purchased with airline points, generally only the cost to restore the unused points to your account is covered.

ken

If you were to cancel for reasons covered in the Policy (some Policies include more/different reasons than others), your cruisefare would be covered (govt fees & taxes are refundable from Carnival if you don't cruise) up to the max amount of the Policy that you paid for. With 3rd Party Policies, if you also paid to insure your airfare and/or pre- or post- cruise hotels, any amounts that were not refundable (some hotel reservations can be cancelled/refunded up to the day before, for instance) would be covered. for flights purchased with airline points, generally only the cost to restore the unused points to your account is covered.

ken

I am planning to use a $1,000 airline electronic certificate (received due to voluntarily being bumped from a flight) to pay airfare for the 3 of us going on a cruise. Once I use the e-cert, the value is lost to me if I cancel the flight. Should I add the $1,000 into the total trip cost for calculating insurance or not? Thanks for your advise.

I am planning to use a $1,000 airline electronic certificate (received due to voluntarily being bumped from a flight) to pay airfare for the 3 of us going on a cruise. Once I use the e-cert, the value is lost to me if I cancel the flight. Should I add the $1,000 into the total trip cost for calculating insurance or not? Thanks for your advise.

Yes! Meaning that you should insure the total cost of the tickets (which you happen to have paid for with a $1000 cert + a credit card (or whatever) for the Balance). To file a claim, you'd need to show an airline receipt indicating that TOTAL cost. ken

Archived