Veendam. Renewal of Vows

CruiseShelly

We have booked the Renewal of Vows on our Veendam cruise to Bermuda. For those who have participated in this on the Veendam to Bermuda, which day did the captain hold this, what time of day was it, do they automatically make your Pinnacle Grill dinner reservation for the same night? Trying to get my "act" together in advance. Thanks.

We did it on the Eurodam and it was wonderful, you will enjoy it. Regarding which day, can't help you with that, but they do not make the reservation at the Pinnicle you have to do that and you can't do it until you are on board. We were not able to do it the night we did the renewal all reservations were full, but we still enjoyed it and people came up to us in the dining room and congratulated us because we were wearing the flowers.

We booked a vow renewal on our upcoming Oosterdam Cruise for my in-laws for their 50th annivesary. At the time of booking I was told that they would likely have the date and time of the ceremony in their cabin upon boarding (along with flowers and a gift certificate to the Pinnacle). I was also told that we'll need to make our own reservations for dinner.

Although HAL couldn't give me the exact date and time because they said it depends on the captain's schedule, they did say that it would likely be one of the first two days at sea.

Enjoy!

Laurie

We did our 40th anniversary vow renewal on the Noordam last October. It was in a small room that actually had a fireplace. We had champagne and hor d'ouerves before the ceremony. There were 2 other couples there as well. The captain performs each couples' ceremony individually. We were able to get reservations in the Pinnacle for that night. This was on a 16 night cruise and we were notified the 2nd or 3rd day when it would be.

The whole experience was wonderful and we would like to do it again for our 50th, God willing!

Nan

Thanks, everyone. I guess I just have to wait and see, and hope we can book the Pinnacle Grill on the day that we find out. If it tends to be a Sea Day that would mean Monday, which typically will be the first formal night as well.

We did the Amsterdam in December. On arrival in our cabin the first day there was a note that the ceremony would be that night. We put on formal wear, went to the Crows Nest to find out it was not that night. The next day there was a note of apology in our cabin with a complementary bottle of wine. (Which cost us an eighteen dollar corkage fee later on).

The ceremony was scheduled for the first formal night, which I understand is how they try to do it if possible. We made our own reservations for the Pinacle for that night. The ceremony itself and everything else was absolutely great and worth more than what it cost.

We did our ROV when we were on Veendam last May for our 60th and would highly recommend it as it was a very moving experience for us as son and daughter in law did it also.Never knew what night it was to be so didn't have very good experience in the Pinnacle as we didn't know when to book so could only get 830 sitting and in back room, as they were getting ready to close it didn't go over too good. Would love to do it again as we are on Zuiderdam in 3 weeks but wouldn't want the Pinnacle again. Enjoy and you will find Bermuda a beauiful place.

Did our 25th anniversary ROV on the Maasdam and was with one other couple(50th) in the piano bar..captain performed and his wife attended and it was the best time we ever had..was scheduled once and then rescheduled by a call from the captain himself! Scheduled our own Pinnacle though..funny we we enjoying ourselves so much with the other couple and the captain and wife that we let him know we were late and he said no problem and made a call to the Pinnacle..talk about a great trip and this was our first cruise...this Feb will be number 4 and all HAL's.

Rex&Paula

Hmmm We booked it through the indulgences section, but just looked and it was not there. I would call Guest Services at HAL, I know they have it, they will be able to book it for you. I don't remember the exact price, I want to say it was between $200 and $250, and that included flowers in the room, the Pinnacle Grill, flowers to wear the night of the ROV, a beautiful album and a bottle of wine or champagne. Just the ceremony is worth it, it is something you will never forget. I did it as a complete surprise to my wife. She did not know until she got to the room and got the invitation.

My TA had me call this person who is in charge of these things on the Veendam. I believe it was $114.00 -- ceremony, flowers, dinner in Pinnacle Grill.

Jennifer Buckner | Holland America Line | Ship Coordinator: ms Veendam & ms Volendam| P: 1-800-541-1576 x 29566

F: 1-206-301-5655 | E: jbuckner@hollandamerica.com

Contact her directly and she'll handle it for you. I did it a couple weeks ago and the charge already came through on my Visa so I know it was taken care of.

Archived