West/East

Hi

Am about to book a cruise for April and just wondered if there's an obvious reason why Western Caribbean seems to be cheaper than Eastern on the Allure on RC website?

Also - can you tell me what the main differences/advantages of the Allure are over Oasis?

Thanks

Willow x

Eastern has much better ports. Nassau, St.Thomas, St. Maarten are much, much better than the mexican ports. Labadee is fun but cause of the cholerea scare in Haiti many people stay on the ship.

:) Ill be on the Allure Sunday heading East :)

It is probably true that the popularity of the eastern ports contributes to the increase in price (supply/demand.) The western ports may also be cheaper for entry for the ship and perhaps the savings is being passed along as well.

I'm not sold on Nassau though. I'm not sure how many people would rank it as a top port- maybe they do, I just don't know. I think you're only there from 7AM to 1PM which isn't much. I personally would prefer an itinerary like the Freedom that trades out Nassau for Coco Cay- but really it all depends on what want to do. Prior to having kids I might have preferred Nassau.

I agree that the short time in Nassau sucks but it is enough to run into town and get some deals (La Mer is 1/2 price there if you use the cream) :)

It will be our 30th anniversary day when Allure goes to Nassau. We have been there 3 times. We will be staying on the ship, trying the zipline and flowriders along with getting to know the ship and dinner at Chops.

It will be our 30th anniversary day when Allure goes to Nassau. We have been there 3 times. We will be staying on the ship, trying the zipline and flowriders along with getting to know the ship and dinner at Chops.

Congrats on the 30th! If there was ever a ship that could be more fun than the port of call, I'm guessing it is this one.

Would agree it's the ports that make the cost difference.

We were on the Allure in December on the western cruise and planned not to get off the ship while in Labadee. Once there, we went ashore and thought it was very nice, much better than Port Maya and Cozumel.

As for which ship, Allure is the newer one (December 2010).

The ship is the destination!

Archived