Upgrade?

DQlover

I have booked 2 OV rooms connecting Riviera level. We have several people in our family of 5 that suffer from motion sickness, hence the level.

Question: If I can get a balcony 8C? for same price as my two rooms - 1) is Balcony big enough for 2 teens, 2 adults and one 5 year old? Looks like it is std balcony and says 2 twins convert to King. My OV rooms seem to have more beds, but I am not sure.

2) Would you do the switch?

I have booked 2 OV rooms connecting Riviera level. We have several people in our family of 5 that suffer from motion sickness, hence the level.

Question: If I can get a balcony 8C? for same price as my two rooms - 1) is Balcony big enough for 2 teens, 2 adults and one 5 year old? Looks like it is std balcony and says 2 twins convert to King. My OV rooms seem to have more beds, but I am not sure.

2) Would you do the switch?

With few exceptions, the standard balconies are all the same size. Whether you will fit will depend upon what you are doing, I suppose. There are ONLY 2 chairs and 1 table on these balconies and they won't permit more. First, there isn't room for another chair and, second...they must keep the balcony clear in case of fire or other emergency...

The biggest consideration would be if the cabins you like sells for 5 people. They won't let you book a cabin that has beds for only 4 people.

In answer to your question: Yep, I'd take the deal. The thought of cruising without a balcony is simply not possible.

That's just me, however. YMMV

Hi DQ!!

The balconies are fairly small and you 'could' get everyone technically out there - but like standing in a row along the rail..:D No room for all those people to sit/enjoy the ambience.

Also as mentioned - don't know if the balcony cabin would actually sleep 5 and you would be awfully crowded. I would stick with the 2 OV rooms - if only for the 2nd bathroom! :D:D

Archived