Transportation

adelchamps

Hi!

I will be in St Martin on May 25th from 8am-6pm. My husband and I really want to do Orient from 9a-12:30p then head to Maho from 1p-4p. I have been trolling the boards and researched price for taxi. The taxi fares from ship to Orient then Orient to Maho then Maho to ship would be $68 total plus tips (Ship to Orient $20; Orient to Maho $30; Maho to ship $18). The problem is this is the only port where it is just my husband and I all others we are with others, and I honestly do not want to have to worry about finding a taxi at each spot, and worrying about getting a taxi at Maho to get back to ship.

I even looked at car rental, but we will probably have a drink or two so that idea is out. Joyce is unavailable, and Bernard quoted $300 to complete all trips. My question is....is there any other options besides taking our chances and trusting initial taxi driver and trying to arrange all trips upon arrival. Im quite willing to spend a premium above taxi fares for convenience, but $300 is quite ridiculous to me. If anyone has any other ideas or knows a company that I can contact to try to set this up, I would greatly appreciate the info.

April

Regarding timing, two things: I would allow at least 45 minutes from Orient to Maho, and I would be out of Maho headed back to the ship by 2:45, 3:00 absolute latest.

To get from the Cruise Facility to Orient, you can go for $6 per person if you just wait from a group of 6 to form.

When you're ready to leave for Maho make a deal with an available driver (there should be several waiting around) for a package; to Maho and then at 2:45 back to the ship for $60. They can take a lunch break while you enjoy Maho.

gary

I would feel comfortable relying on taxi's at the two beaches that you are planning on visiting. They are both popular with cruisers and most use taxi's as their mode of transportation. I would not feel comfortable leaving after 3 and would make sure that I arranged for a taxi to come at 2:45 or if you unable to do that I would start looking for a taxi at that time and would walk towards the large resorts and the Maho entertainment district if a taxi was not available at the beach.

Archived