Sub-Forum For Each Ship

BOAZ5

I would love to see a Sub-Forum for each ship on Royal Caribbean. Carnival's website has this and I love it. You can go straight to the forum that you are interested in. Any chance this will ever happen on Cruise Critic?

I can think of a few reasons:

Many questions are not about specific ships. The same questions would be asked over and over again in the separate ship areas.

The search function actually works quite well. If you want information about a specific ship and don't see the question on the front page, use the search box in the upper right hand corner of the page.

It would force people to look in several different places instead of one central location.

People who can answer your question are not going to go from ship's forum to ship's forum, covering all of the ships that they have been on, to see if they can be helpful.

I understand the sub forum for a new ship, where there will naturally be more discussion for a period anyway. But I think sub-forums for all ships would just stifle conversation on here, as there are a lot of general interest or non-ship specific stuff that people wouldn't know where to put. Or people would just get tired of wading through 22 different groups (plus another general RCI page) and not bother posting at all. As it is now, if you come here once a day, you only need to go back 3 or 4 pages of topics to get caught up. That's a lot easier than clicking on multiple ship pages.

Archived