Alcohol & Customs on cruise

'Fraid I don't get it.....

How many thousands do we pay to go on a cruise in the first place but her we are contriving up ways on how to save ten or twenty $ on alcohol.

Not worth the hassle IMO.:)

I think quite a lot of people don't like being ripped off at the bar. It seems they charge the same if not more than bars on land for drinks.

Remember, when you're in the middle of the ocean you shouldn't be paying duty/tax so theoretically the drinks should be a lot cheaper.

I had a look at that site and saw the AUS site rumrunnerflasks at bigpond dot com

I've written it so as not to breach the rules on here.

works out alot cheaper to buy it from USA though and have it shipped here. use the code 'repeatcustomer' for 15% discount.

To the other person saying to save $20... i figure i'll save around $100 a night so will be a fairly large saving by the end! To me, i see it no different to having predrinks in your hotel room before going out...

We bought the "Cruise Kit" which had 6 Rum runners in. 3 are 900ml from memory and 3 were 500ml. They are in Sydney and if you email direct, they email you back bank details and you deposit money in and you will receive in couple days. People we know took the whole 6 :eek: and used it all. In saying that they did have 2 kids who were 18 and 20. We took 3. Our daughter 18. As lots of people did same, the kids would have their little drinkie party in someones room then go out. They still bought drinks but being young and on a budget it was great for them. We just had couple in room before dinner, we also had a little "gathering" in friends balcony room a couple times.. the large aft one (Jas's room :D) without Jas of cause..and everyone who went bought their "contraban" we had about 20+ people and we had our rum runners out, looked funny...Other friends we made who where c'cers and met at the meet and mingle had the Royal Suite ;) so, of cause we had to have a little party in their room, along with the grand piano :) So, we all carted our rum runners there as well....

If I was to buy again, I wouldnt get the cruise kit, would just get the 900ml ones (you can buy individually) something like $4 plus postage fee.

People on our cruises have also taken in plastic containers with no probs. We met 2 men who didnt know about not taking on.... They took 2 bottles each and just put in suit case, one was caught and had taken off him till last night and his friend didnt .... I guess they just randomly check as there would be a couple thousand cases going on and they wouldnt have time to check every one of them as there are passengers getting on and getting off.

Fiona

:)

why not just empty listerine bottle and fill with rum??? then store in luggage??

No matter how many times you rinse and soak, the listerine taste is still there.(am guessing) Couple years ago we thought we would be really clever and we had couple of those big Tresemee shampoo bottles, we rinsed and soaked with everything you can imagine, for quite a while before the cruise., filled with bacardi etc..... The smell and taste of the shampoo never went :eek:... After the first couple, it wasnt too bad :D But never agin, every time I use that shampoo it brings back memories.. Fiona

works out alot cheaper to buy it from USA though and have it shipped here. use the code 'repeatcustomer' for 15% discount.

To the other person saying to save $20... i figure i'll save around $100 a night so will be a fairly large saving by the end! To me, i see it no different to having predrinks in your hotel room before going out...

Just had another look, it is for USA or Canada 'repeat customers', not for customers from other countries. The postage can't be the same for their international customers as it is for their domestic customers.

Just had another look, it is for USA or Canada 'repeat customers', not for customers from other countries. The postage can't be the same for their international customers as it is for their domestic customers.

bit weird... code worked for me and i'm in QLD. Maybe they changed the coupon code for it. But the letter i got with the order, also said about the code... who knows.

and even with international delivery, it still ended up being far cheaper than the australian supplier.

we were 6 people and took alcohol in our hand luggage and checked luggage no questions asked and we took a lot. bourbon in gingerale bottles and wine in 7 up, the equivilant of 12 bottles wine and 4 litres bourbon between 6 of us as well as 10, 1.5 litres coke and 18 cans of coke. i think one of the bags was opened but the "soft drink" bottles werent touched. and the lady on the way in barely glanced at the bottles we were carrying. we saved a fortune at $8 australian a glass on board!!!

Archived