London Hotel for first timers to London

Hello, we will be visiting London in May post cruise and using Hilton Honor points for free nights and with the points I have available the choices are these hotel are any of these in good locations and good area for sight seeing for a group going to London for the first time?

1. Hilton London Euston Hotel

2. Hilton London Kensington Hotel

3. Hilton London Olympia Hotel

4. Hilton London Docklands Riverside

5. Hilton London Canary Wharf Hotel

Your thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

Hello, we will be visiting London in May post cruise and using Hilton Honor points for free nights and with the points I have available the choices are these hotel are any of these in good locations and good area for sight seeing for a group going to London for the first time?

1. Hilton London Euston Hotel

2. Hilton London Kensington Hotel

3. Hilton London Olympia Hotel

4. Hilton London Docklands Riverside

5. Hilton London Canary Wharf Hotel

Your thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

The Euston site is by far the best located on the list and if you were paying would probably be the most expensive by far.

The Olympia site is probably the weakest hotel and sometimes seems overrun with people who have bid on Priceline.

The Kensington one probably is 2nd best in terms of location.

The Docklands/Canary Wharf sites are awkward if you're using Heathrow Airport being the other side of London.

Location, location, location!!! Plot out which of these different Hilton locations is closest to the Underground stations and whether it connects with the better lines to allow getting around town in the easiest and most time-efficient manner. Much depends on what you want to see and do in London. Lots of great options for historic sites, museums, theatre, shopping, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 30,100 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Great thanks for the responses will look at the tube location. Does anyone know if the Doubletree by Hilton London-West End is in a good location? Read that is used to be called Park Inn and is currently under major constuction but we are not arriving till May so hoping that would be completed. What are your views on this hotel?

Great thanks for the responses will look at the tube location. Does anyone know if the Doubletree by Hilton London-West End is in a good location? Read that is used to be called Park Inn and is currently under major constuction but we are not arriving till May so hoping that would be completed. What are your views on this hotel?

Is the Park Lane Hilton available with your points? An excellent hotel and location.

It caters to business travelers so the room sizes are typical Hiton size. Good in-house restaurants, too.

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/LONHITW-London-Hilton-on-Park-Lane-hotel/index.do?WT.srch=1

Another Hilton not mentioned but our personal favourite is the Hilton and Tower bridge not sure if this is an option on points. We personally love the location its easier to get to central London sights than Docklands and Canary Wharf. Its very close to the Tower of London and Tower bridge, close to the hop on hop off bus stop and near a tube station. Also a lovely walk along the river to the London eye (a long walk) we have done this walk several times though.

Another Hilton not mentioned but our personal favourite is the Hilton and Tower bridge not sure if this is an option on points. We personally love the location its easier to get to central London sights than Docklands and Canary Wharf. Its very close to the Tower of London and Tower bridge, close to the hop on hop off bus stop and near a tube station. Also a lovely walk along the river to the London eye (a long walk) we have done this walk several times though.

We stayed there for our pre cruise stay with Hilton Points, Hilton Tower Bridge.

We chose that location because it fit right into our agenda. Great location.

We hit the Tower of London early, then on to Tower Bridge and then walked along the Thames to St Paul's, Globe Theater, on on to the Eye, Big Ben and Parliament. To get back, we used the Thames river cruise back to tower Bridge and back to our hotel.

If you have this option, we loved it.

A few pix from our adventure

The Tower of London (do the Beefeaters tour, it's free)

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europept2127.jpg

At Paul's Cathedral

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europe065.jpg

Globe Theater, (do the tour if you can, or see a show there)

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europemaster060-1.jpg

The London Eye

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europe080.jpg

Big Ben and Parliament

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europe139.jpg

Tower Bridge from the River crusie boat, on our way back to the Tower Bridge stop

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/baltics/europe151.jpg

Cheers

Len

Thanks for the replies so many options can be a bad thing lol. So far I was thinking about doing 6 nights post cruise for London with an overnight in Edinburgh. My thoughts so far were to spend the first two nights in London with friends. Then take the train to Edinburgh Scotland spend the night there then train back to London and spend the remaining three nights there. What are everyones thought I was wanting to see Scotland but does an overnight make sense?

Has anyone stayed at the Trafalgar Square Hilton has read some good reviews and is said to be a great location or is there better the Waldorf maybe? Will also be checking out the previous recommendations all these choices but not conplaining can't wait to go :) thanks again for all the advice you give it's really appreciated.

Just wanted to put a clarification out there I originally only posted certain hotels because friends were going and those took fewer points and were not as costly for paid nights. However they are not saying as long now so can stay at any one of the hiltons that are available for the last three nights there.

The Trafalger Hilton is a killer location, but if you're planning to go by train to Edinburgh then the Euston Hilton is much closer for the station (Kings Cross I believe). Have you reserved your flight home? I personally wouldn't do the return trip, but would look into flying back from Edinburgh.

For such a short trip how about taking a flight for the day. There are lots of flights to Edinburgh we went for the day last year and had a fabulous day. We went to Edinburgh castle in the morning had lunch in a fantastic restaurant then took the hop on hop off bus tour in the afternoon, to see the Edinburgh properly you would obviously need more time but this gives you a really good taster. The luggage could stay in London hotel too.

Archived