Pre/Post Hotels in Rome?

Rebec31

Hi there -

Going to Rome for the first time for a cruise on Magica (March 5!) - I think we want to stay near Termini Station/Spanish Steps -seems convenient to get there by train from FCO and then to the port as well...

Not looking for fancy shmancy - just a couple of beds and shower!

Albani Hotel is reasonably priced and has clean, fresh rooms. It's 1.2 miles from Termini which is a €10 taxi fare, or there is a bus which stops 200m from the hotel if you don't fancy walking that distance from Termini.

I highly recommend the Artemide Hotel. It is ranked No. 3 out of 1,275 hotels in Rome. Close to Termini. We also were able to walk to the Spanish Steps and other sites. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. We also booked a transfer from FCO to the hotel through the hotel.

Excellent, excellent, excellent”

Date of review: Jun 24, 2009

I cannot recommend this hotel enough! We had a wonderful one-night stay. The room was exceptionally clean and well appointed. The staff from the front desk to the bell men to the breakfast attendants were courteous, well mannered and extremely helpful. We had a family room on the fourth floor facing the street and a huge balcony. It was fun to open all the doors and walk out and just look around. Excellent bath products. The mini bar was nice. There was a beer, Coke, Fanta, and a bottle of water, along with two juice box drinks. Will definitely stay there again whenever we are in Rome. It was close to many sights.

Archived