Allocated Boarding Time

kiwi sailor

I got an email from P&O last night saying they are now allocating boarding times per deck for this Sunday. They will board deck 11 at 12 noon, deck 10 12.30, deck 9 1.00pm etc. We sail at 4pm.

Is this something new or just restricted to the Pearl. We didn't have this on our December 30th cruise.

John

I do think that would be a great idea and hope it works.

That way there would less people at the terminal all tring to board at the same time.

Love Thied

I got an email from P&O last night saying they are now allocating boarding times per deck for this Sunday. They will board deck 11 at 12 noon, deck 10 12.30, deck 9 1.00pm etc. We sail at 4pm.

Is this something new or just restricted to the Pearl. We didn't have this on our December 30th cruise.

John

No it's not a new thing. I believe they do it with Pacific Jewel in Sydney since they've moved to Wharf 5, and we did it when we boarded Pacifc Sun in Newcastle. It works quite well - helps to spread out the demand on the port facilties.

They do it with the Pacific Dawn in Brisbane if she arrives and departs late. Prevents a mad rush.

Usually, as you book in you are given a boarding pass with a letter on it. Then, when they start boarding, you go on in order of the letters. Doesn't take long at all.

They have been doing the check in and get a letter boarding for a long time, even years, and as it has been said yes I think it works very well as we like to board the ship early.

What kiwi sailor is talking about is P&O will give you a boarding time before you leave home and your a boarding time is set as per deck and not to when you checked in at the cruise terminal. as kiwi sailor said deck 11 is boarding at 12 noon and deck 9 is at 1pm.

I am sure Kiwi Sailor understands my post. I'll re-phrase it for those who don't. :rolleyes:

It appears that the deck-timed boarding procedure is a temporary procedure for late arrivals/departures! I speak from my experience with the Pacific Dawn where they do this when she arrives/leaves late. Ordinarily, they use the procedure I mentioned above.

It may be that Pacific Pearl uses the deck-timed method always but I think it would make more work for P&O if they have to advise everyone of boarding times EVERY cruise.

we just got back from cruising on the Pacific Jewel and we checked in at 10am and was given no.1 ticket at wharf 5 and we were onboard having lunch at 12 noon.....the suite passengers went on first and then us

btw we had a very good cruise, good weather and we got to every port and we arrived back at wharf 5 on time

Archived