Best Ship for Kids?

cmdknw

Is there one ship in particular that is better for kids? We only have one, he is 7!

Looking to book...something...anything to get me away!

With a 7 year old?

How much is price a factor?

Would he like the flowrider?

If he is too young or too small to enjoy that, then I would suggest a Voyager class ship: Adventure, Explorer, Voyager, Navigator, Mariner.

Price is a factor! Somewhat! We were recently screwed over by Carnival and trying to find something that will be kid friendly like that are. We live in NC...so somewhere out of FL would be best!

Allure - there is the Boardwalk that has a carousel - the pool area has a dedicated kids zone - cartoon characters to greet kids........and there is Adventure Ocean kids programs. Allure is a bit pricey but you only live once and kids are kids for such a short time.

Our family was on the Freedom on Jan 9. We have 2 boys ages 6, 9. We also took them on a the Carnival Glory in 2007.

FREEDOM - They really liked the kids club although 'I' personally thought the counsellors weren't really happy with their job - they just seem abit unfriendly. They did have fun though. I think the Carnival was better.

A heads up about the spray park / lazy river for the kids on the Freedom. The water was COLD - I mean freezing cold. Our kids spent about 5 minutes TOPS at the spray park. The spent more time in the hot tub by the kids area. The weather wasn't great on our cruise - cool and windy so the pools were hardly used. Just something to think about. If it isn't a scorching hot day, I doubt he would want to run around in the water.

The water was also pretty cold on the GLORY.

They loved both cruises for things other then just the pools. I don't think you could go wrong with the Freedom or a Carnival ship as long as you were prepared for cold pool water! LOL

Haha...is tomorrow too soon?? Seriously though...Feb/early March....

I would take him on the Voyager out of Galveston, TX or the Explorer out of Bayonne, NJ or the Adventure out of San Juan or the Navigator out of Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Freedom class ships are likely to be more expensive, and Oasis/Allure MUCH more expensive, and at 7, he will be utterly WOWed by the Voyager class experience.

No need to spoil him straight out of the gate.

Freedom class is all the higher you need to go for the WOW factor. No need to go all out with the Oasis class. If money is a factor, then jump on the Navigator. The only thing you'll be losing is the flow rider and H20 zone for him.

He'll be wowed with the ice skating, rock climbing and the Adventure Ocean is incredible. The schedules are at the link in my signature.

Archived